• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hardwater deposits

pikedreams

I'm having a big problem with hardwater deposits on my boat and especially my wave wackers. I guide so I'm on the water a lot and I do a lot of backtrolling for walleyes. In no more than a week and a half my wackers go from that nice clear amber color to a milky white and the motor too especially just above the waterline. To make things worse I have a Merc which of course is gloss black so you really notice it. I've found products to remove it ( "The Works" tub and tile cleaner seems to work best) but is there anyway to prevent it? I've tried wax, pledge and rain-x all with the same result. I hate to keep using "the works" because it's acidic and over time that can't be good for the acyrlic or the gelcoat. I'm cautous about trying too many things for fear it might react with it or make it worse. Have any of you experienced this? Any feedback would be welcome.

Cant help you to keep deposits off but I have found that if you towel dry your boat as soon as you get off the the water you wont have as bad of water spots. Vinager & water 50/50 will remove the spots. I keep a spray bottle in my boat and use it on the GPS screen to easily remove water spots.

eyewarrior

There is a product called "ducky" that is for water spots. But if you spray down your boat with water/vinegar (half and half of each) and wipe it down with a towel as mentioned earlier you will only need to wash your boat a couple of times a summer and keep it looking great.

A really high end wax with carnauba in it will probably be your best bet in keeping the hard water build-up from reaccuring. At least it will make it much easier to clean off the deposits as they won't be directly on the paint. Another post mentioned wiping those areas affected with the build-up after each outing----that is probably a good idea as well.