• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

True Love

DTro

Nice fish!!

Eh you guys will like this. I have a friend here in Fargo that does fish decoys, real lead weighted, working spearing decoys of unbelievable detail. He has won a lot of awards & ribbons nationally and signs his stuff. It is the type of stuff you put on the mantle or desk and never will see water.

OK, well I show his work, but I do not sell it. I just refer folks on to him. He does all types of fish...crazy sweet detail on Muskie, perch, walleye, crappies, sunfish, Gills to catfish...yup..cats. If it's a critter or a fish, he will do it.

I got him started on a line of "Non-Traditional" decoys like cats, Goldeye, Suckers, Bullheads, Carp, Frogs...you name it he will get on it.

He did up a few channel cats in different stages from Bambie to sumo for me, I loved them all. Now I got him doing .....Flatheads. Man do they look Kewl! He just did one with a 6" Kirmits broadside in his mouth and I have him working on one with a Bullhead in his mouth.

I tell ya guys, his work is amazing! And pretty darn cheap to boot. His stuff will and does appreciate in value fast. Speculators/collectors are selling his stuff on hsolist now for 60 times what they paid.

I'll bring my camera in to work and shoot some pic's of the fish and try to get them up so you can see.

I have a display case set up with his work at the Fargo GM. If you near take a look and see for yourself.

He is a great "Ol Guy" too...bibs and all. A real character who loves his work.

Is that a glove? whistle

Cmon Chris,

How's that saying go?? "No Glove.... No Love"" wink

Even with these beauties we have to practice safe abrasion practices...

This Flat for its Size had some very sharp teeth, The sharpest I've seen on something over 10lbs with the power to match put a hurting when it shook its head.

This one was a Willey critter, It managed to wrap around the anchor 6-7 times, DTRO was determined to not let this fish get away, so he tried valiantly to Bass lip it.... That 40lb flat would not have any of that and quickly shred DTRO's thumb and finger, Fortunatly we had the fish up far enough and pulled the anchor up so we could get the net on it and bring it in. I grabbed the fish and it gave me an immediate rashing, so for the first time in 2 years I Wussed out and after feeling how sharp the teeth were and getting ripped. I'm glad I did.

I tell ya what, I will never give anyone grief about using a glove anymore after that night.

Unless it's pink and or glittery, that there is over the line.