• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scratch removal??

walleyeaddict

Question

Just wondering if anyone had any input on what product or products work well to remove a small scratch? Specifically on black paint? Thanks in advance for any input! These scatches are on a harley but also would like to remove a few small ones on my truck.

1 answer to this question

I have buffed and painted for over twelve years. My advice is this.. Can you catch the scratch with your figer nail? If so you will have to paint it or touch it up. If not then you could get 2000 grit wetsand paper, leave it in water for at least 1 hour. Very gently rub the scratch in circular motion untill the water will sheet over it with out catching on the scratch. DO NOT sand it very much or you could go through the claercoat. Then some rubbing compound on a rag or buffer just untill the sand scratches are gone. Then polish untill the swirlls are gone.

I hope this helps..