Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Royalflush

bigest deer last year

7 posts in this topic

well I got a 170 lb. doe dressed, did anyone get a bigger doe.

got pics?

Iv'e seen it was huge. He's my cousins oldest son. That and I don't think he knows how to post pics yet. I will get a pic from him to post for ya.

That would be great. I am not doubting him, it's just nice to see pics!

Their was a HUGE doe living near my neighborhood here in the metro for a few years. Last year was the first year the city had the Metro Bow Hunters group thin the herd. I talked with the gent hunting the area and he mentioned he got her. Said she was 200 lbs dressed, but sorry no pics.

I would be more impressed with a 170 pounder from a "real" hunting area. Lets see the pic!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I'd like to see your definition of "elitist", by the way.

Gary Johnson and the Libertarians are not Trump's problem.   He has the same problem as Hillary - himself.

• Actually, you just chose not to.

• I've had a Marcum camera for many years and have found it extremely educational.  When I take new anglers on the ice, they love watching the fish.  Never had the camera spook a fish.

I used a Marcum battery-powered panner to rotate the camera, and that helps identify my lure.  However, you also have to be pretty confidant with the depth of your jig, so that it will show up on the camera.

I've found the camera of limited value during the summer, because it's constantly moving up and down, and a little side to side.  Even if I can find my jig, it's not for long.  What I use the camera for during soft water season is to identify bottom structure and get a general idea what's down there.  

During hard water season, I use it primarily to see bites before they happen.  Not only do I know exactly what's near or looking at my jig, but I can see when they're actually going after it.  I have pulled the hook away from fish that were obviously too small, and also been able to set the hook on a bite before I could feel it.

I love my flasher, but I have out-fished buddies with my camera.

• $750 this week only or it gets winterized

• Yaggie takwes top honors this week beating our points leader by three points. Yaggie's team finished 1st, 6th, 7th, and 13th earning him 379 points for the week and his thrid weekly win of the year. 379 points is also yaggies top score of the year and the third highest score of all the teams for the year. Congrats on a great week Yaggie!

yaggie   379
      Fishin-Novice   376
      BlackLundPro   334
      Huckfin   329
      gregg52   309
      88fan   304
      fishing star   297
      Rip_Some_Lip   297
      SwivelDigger   292
      musky999   269
      juneau4   263
      mnwildman   263
      Jar Jar   261
      jwhjr   259
      cat-man   235
      Airjer   234
      Moose   149

Total Points

1     Fishin-Novice   7,929
      2     musky999   7,921
      3     gregg52   7,910
      4     Rip_Some_Lip   7,748
      5     jwhjr   7,698
      6     yaggie   7,575
      7     mnwildman   7,569
      8     88fan   7,504
      9     Huckfin   7,447
      10     Jar Jar   7,357
      11     BlackLundPro   7,348
      12     fishing star   7,341
      13     Airjer   7,298
      14     SwivelDigger   7,267
      15     cat-man   7,231
      16     juneau4   7,188
      17     Moose   6,622

• I'd like to see your definition of "elitist", by the way. Gary Johnson and the Libertarians are not Trump's problem.   He has the same problem as Hillary - himself.
    • Actually, you just chose not to.
    • I've had a Marcum camera for many years and have found it extremely educational.  When I take new anglers on the ice, they love watching the fish.  Never had the camera spook a fish.   I used a Marcum battery-powered panner to rotate the camera, and that helps identify my lure.  However, you also have to be pretty confidant with the depth of your jig, so that it will show up on the camera.   I've found the camera of limited value during the summer, because it's constantly moving up and down, and a little side to side.  Even if I can find my jig, it's not for long.  What I use the camera for during soft water season is to identify bottom structure and get a general idea what's down there.     During hard water season, I use it primarily to see bites before they happen.  Not only do I know exactly what's near or looking at my jig, but I can see when they're actually going after it.  I have pulled the hook away from fish that were obviously too small, and also been able to set the hook on a bite before I could feel it.   I love my flasher, but I have out-fished buddies with my camera.
    • $750 this week only or it gets winterized
    • Yaggie takwes top honors this week beating our points leader by three points. Yaggie's team finished 1st, 6th, 7th, and 13th earning him 379 points for the week and his thrid weekly win of the year. 379 points is also yaggies top score of the year and the third highest score of all the teams for the year. Congrats on a great week Yaggie! yaggie   379 Fishin-Novice   376 BlackLundPro   334 Huckfin   329 gregg52   309 88fan   304 fishing star   297 Rip_Some_Lip   297 SwivelDigger   292 musky999   269 juneau4   263 mnwildman   263 Jar Jar   261 jwhjr   259 cat-man   235 Airjer   234 Moose   149   Total Points 1     Fishin-Novice   7,929 2     musky999   7,921 3     gregg52   7,910 4     Rip_Some_Lip   7,748 5     jwhjr   7,698 6     yaggie   7,575 7     mnwildman   7,569 8     88fan   7,504 9     Huckfin   7,447 10     Jar Jar   7,357 11     BlackLundPro   7,348 12     fishing star   7,341 13     Airjer   7,298 14     SwivelDigger   7,267 15     cat-man   7,231 16     juneau4   7,188 17     Moose   6,622
    • Got my Helix 5. Now just need to get my sled out of storage and figure out where to mount it.
    • Now that's funny.  I chose not to answer a ignorant question that an elitist like yourself could care less the answer to.  The only reason you want an answer to that question is to spend the next week trying to find some ignorant reason he/she is a bad choice. #rentfree
    • But you couldn't articulate who your favorite Trump picks for justices were, or why.
    • Many of the resorts / cabins where I stay on weekend fishing outings do not have a fish cleaning house. I also do not like the smell of dead fish from the cleaning process in my home. My wheel house is a fishing shack only, non-sleeper, which I take off the ice each night. It has both A/C and propane heat so I usually plug it into an AC outlet at night.   I decided to build a retractable / drop-down fish cleaning table 17” x 48” up and out of the way while on the ice and a warm place to clean fish. I use clear news print between the my fish cleaning board and the table to eliminate the need to wash the table every time I use it. Functionally works well, still needs some finish touches, paint, stain, rust treatment. I can also see many uses for this table while on the Ice. Fish Cleaning Table.mp4
  • Our Sponsors