Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

4th of July is coming

4 posts in this topic

I watched the flag

Pass by one day,

It fluttered in the breeze.

A young Marine Saluted it,

And then he stood at ease..

I looked at Him in uniform

So young, so tall, so proud,

With hair cut square

And eyes alert

He'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought how many men Like him

Had fallen through the years.

How many died on foreign Soil

How many mothers' tears?

How many pilots' planes Shot down?

How many died at sea

How many foxholes were soldiers' Graves ?

No, freedom isn't free.

I heard the sound of Taps one night,

When everything was still,

I listened to the bugler play

And felt a sudden chill. I wondered just how many times

That Taps had meant "Amen,"

When a flag had draped a Coffin.

Of a brother or a friend.

I thought of all the children,

Of the mothers and the wives,

Of fathers, sons and Husbands

With interrupted lives.

I Thought about a graveyard

At the bottom of the sea

Of unmarked graves in Arlington .

No, freedom isn't free .

Enjoy Your Freedom

& God Bless Our Troops

I received that in an email today with pictures. Passed it on and God bless all the troops!!! Thanks to all that have served!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• She cant stand Needs a chair to sit on Clint happens to have a nice one.  You might be too old to get this then but don't blame your lack of comprehension on anything but yourself. Maybe your heart meds need tweaking or alzheimers is kicking in?
    • most reports in this area very poor way to much water  
    • Lone wolf but they are expensive. Muddy brand is not bad!
    • I bought the work shop and like it, It dose take a little practice from not pushing down to hard on the knife wihci allows it to drop below the guide, pluse the arching of the tips of knives can be challenging. I know theres an tension adjuster but it only adjust so much, go use kid gloves it seems. but i do like it
    • I'm up on it.  But bring on the translator.  I don't speak stoner.
    • Try to keep up with the conversation. If you need a translator let me know and I can try to round one up.
    • My WorkSharp arrived last week and I have been very impressed with how quick and easy it is to use and how nice it is to once again have kitchen knives that can cut 1/16-1/8 inch tomato slices with ease.
    • I actually wanted Ted but I considered him Lying Ted because of his agreement to support the nomination and he didn't until now.  Switching things around I would be voting Trump with a D behind his name then.  You are the crowd-follower who would be voting for any candidate with the L behind his name including Hillary.   Glad we agree you are supporting Hillary and will own everything she does if she wins.
    • Gary Johnson is not the solution to any of those issues has he has zero chance of winning.  Get your tin foil hat ready for the nuclear holocaust.  By the way who said spending and the deficit isn't on the list as I said I just named a few?  So as usual in your elitist way of thinking you are wrong again.
    • All I know is that the local gun shop was packed today and I was told that I would probably have to wait until after the election to have any chance of finding what I'm looking for. Sheesh people........haven't you already buried enough guns in the backyard over the last 8 years?
  • Our Sponsors