• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sonoma

So what do you guys think of the road course races? To tell you the truth, I used to absolutely, postively hate despise them. In the last 3-4-5 years (somewhere in there) I've actually grown to like them. I'm note sure why, they can only pass at like two spots on the course, but there is some pretty good bumpin and grindin... I know in the past everyone hated them, just wondering if thats still the case. Maybe its the fact the cookie-cutter tracks have become relatively stale (except for a select few) and there are not enough short tracks. Comments, thoughts, opinions?

Yeah, it's racing, but do the drivers really know what they are doing.

I equate it to us MN walleye/northern/catfish/bass or whatever fishermen and sending us down to Mexico to guide for fishing down there. Yeah, it's fishing, but would we really know what we are doing.

I'll watch, but passing is very limited in these races.

DD

They only thing I hope for is a rain free qualifying so Mr. Said can make the field. He gets screwed by rain every time he tries to enter a race and I like Boris. I am not a big fan of road courses, but it is something that has been a part of the series for a long time. I will be fishing so I wont watch it.

I would need a DVR to record the races dude. That and I am not at all impressed with the TNT race announcers. In my opinion, they just suck. Not nearly as exciting as the Fox announcers. No passing, plus boring announcers = something I can live without seeing.

I was just thinking the same thing. Big hit in points.

When I checked the NASCAR web site to see the finish order, it differed from the fantasy finish order. I am hoping the NASCAR page is the correct one! Then my hit in points won't be quite as painful.

Tough week for everyone I think unless you got real lucky. I know I didn't!

In my work league I had the 3rd, 5th, and 7th place drivers until six to go when Harvick pretty much took them all out. I still had Sadler running well.....until he had a flat tire. Unbelievable. A few weeks ago all three of my drivers were in the same wreck just a dozen laps into the race at Dover. So, if anyone wants me to put a hex on a driver or three, let me know and I'll pick them in my work league. I'll probably be picking first in the draft in a couple of weeks so I'll have the pick of the litter!!