• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My engine fan runs alot on my 98 contour Whats the deal?

The other day all I did was drive a couple blocks to micky D's and while I was in the drive thru my electric fan kicked in and I'm trying to figure out why? As soon as it kicked in I looked at temp guage and was just off of cold a little and it had not been run all day before that. Could it be a sensor of some sort??? Because my check engine light has been on for quite some time and last time it came on and everything was working fine all I did was disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then it stayed off for a few weeks.

There are a couple different concerns with this vehicle in the cooling system. Yours I believe can be fixed by reflashing the pcm and replacing cooling fan relay if needed. There was a recall about high speed cooling fans coming on when not needed, but this was a old recall and will not be valid any more, but there is a tsb for it now. #98-19-4.

You didnt say engine size! If it is a 2.0 they have had lots of problems with water pump impellers falling apart, you would need to replace the water pump. But I think the reflash and relay will fix your car!