• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any muskie action?

Sounds like thinks in my neck of the woods have been slow in general but are showing signs of picking up. Surface temps are mid to upper 60s. I'll be giving er on Holcombe tomorrow evening. Rivers in the area are just too durn high to fish right now. Time for that first musky of the year!

Nope, I backed out of a trip to the St Louis July 12th weekend. Was considering a trip to Eagle but with gas prices....

Looks like I'll be fishing close to home for the most part, will probably hit Holcombe but only for an evening or two. I have next week off and am gonna float the Eau Claire River near town here - chances are good for a couple little ones. Hopefully I'll get a 40" or better out of Wissota, Holcombe, or the Chippewa River befoe the years over. I'll be on LOTW in my mind for countless hours over the course of the summer!

8 of us just got back from Namakagon, not a single muskie raised, didn't spot any crusing around and only caught a dozen or so northerns. Water was hovering around 70 degrees and it was pretty stormy, but we had 2 guys fly fishing, and he rest huckin' everything known to man............I thought for sure we'd at least raise one.

was in wisc for my first time muskie fishin in wisc on guide trips. we raised 9 fish, 1 strikes and one lost.. the fish was nibbling at plastic trailer on spinners or bucktail... no idea why they wld do it but o well its fishing... the guy i fish with say he had caught severals on the spot we fishing last few weeks.

i think i m coming over the border more often!

was in wisc for my first time muskie fishin in wisc on guide trips. we raised 9 fish, 1 strikes and one lost.. the fish was nibbling at plastic trailer on spinners or bucktail... no idea why they wld do it but o well its fishing... the guy i fish with say he had caught severals on the spot we fishing last few weeks.

i think i m coming over the border more often!

I was fishing a lake in NW WI last weekend and we had the same thing happen. 2 muskies bit out trailers off on the Rad Dog spinnerbaits. One was in the upper 30's the other one we didn't see because the lure was too far out. Hopefully the fishing will pick up soon. I think the goofy spring has thrown a curve ball at em and they don't know what to do!

Good Luck Musky Hunters!

Ryan

Got my first of the year last Wed on Wissota at 34.5", our league is averaging about 4-5 fish per night with about 15 boats out. I fished the Chippewa R in town last night right before the storm rolled in and got skunked - prime time but no go.

Our league if off in July so I don't have any Wissota or Holcombe reports....I do know the portion of the Chippewa R I fish in Eau Claire continues to skunk me. I'm gonna either give it a try again tonight or fish the Eau Claire below Lake Altoona. Overall with some stable weather or getting out before one of these fronts should be good, I'm sure the fish are active....its just when.

Don't know if we had any boats on Holcombe or not but the gang got 5 fish off Wissota last night ranging from 25-48" - I got the envious task of netting the big girl. A few other follows and misses, I had one on and lost it - never saw it but felt like a decent fish crymadcry

Our group got a pair last night on Wissota, a 34 and 42", both on topwaters at evening. I'll be on the Eau Claire R tomorrow night and Sat trying for a musky or two. Green water around here.

Sounds like you're getting a few here and there Cooter. Been up to Shell Lake lately? I need to get there one more time to pay for my year long landing fee. It's $7.00 each time or $20.00 for the year. We've been there twice so we need to go at least once more to save some money. grin

A few here and there is right on the money. Haven't had much time and am limited to local waters. A 40" before bowhunting rolls around would be fine by me.

I've only fished Shell in May after the regular opener, haven't been on there for musky season. Have seen a few though and would love to try it for 'skies sometime. Be sure to give me a report if you fish for those toothies up there.

I tried to talk my grandson into going there yesterday but he wanted to go to Potato Lake for bluegills. The gills are smaller there but there's a lot of them.

I heard that they're getting some nice gills on the cribs in Shell and som walleyes in the bay right in the weeds.Planning on getting there at least once next week, I'll let you know how we do.