• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle and Lakemaster, life was until... is installed, won't go to the

MSRiverdog

Question

I loaded the Eagle 1.6 upgrade into my FishElite 642C iGPS, now the unit locks when the Lakemaster card is installed and won't leave the splash screen and complete the power up, unless I pull the card, wait for the unit to start and then push in the LakeMaster card back in the slot. Any body have an answer, the best I've gotten so far was a guy at Cabela's telling me to never use the upgrade software unless it was really needed.

25 answers to this question

did it work ok before the new update? if it did, det it back to the old version. I have the 500c and after putting in 1.9 I had issues of the screen freezing up. reset it back to 1.6 or 1.7 i believe and has been great ever since.

Worked fine until I installed update number one. If there was a way to get it back to 1.2, I think that came on it, I'ld do it in a second. The first software "upgrade" was 1.3 last year and that was short on a few spots mapping wise, screen positioning I think. I loaded 1.6 this year because I thought that was the fix. Boy was I wrong. Calling CS at Eagle is the longest on hold time of any company I have ever dealt with.

here is how to do a hard reset on your unit..

1- turn unit off

2- press and hold zin & zout keys at the same time

3- press and hold power key

4- release both buttons when full map screen appears

I tried em all, only differance is the GPS lock is a heck of a lot faster than it was before the hard reset. It's a software problem I'm guessing that requires me to send it to Eagle unless there's some other stuff out there that will revert it back to the beginning. Thanks for trying.

Unlucky me.....exact same problem here - and I came to the board to try to find help. Any resolve yet MSRiverdog?

I am going to try to get Eagle to email me the old software version.

Just this year, I started getting problems with losing GPS signal a lot - and the upgrade was supposed to help that. I guess maybe it would, but my GPS isn't so great if I don't have a nice map to go with it!

Chiming in as another person with this issue. I'm using a Lowrance LMS334Ci.

Happened after I updated my software from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0. Was attempting to solve the loss of signal issue, ended with GPS signal loss (Pretty rarely), sonar occasionally gets garbled up, and this issue.

Note to self... Don't update software :P

I think the note should really be to Lowrance.

DONT RELEASE HARDWARE UNTIL THE SOFTWARE IS ROCK SOLID!

Nobody should have to put up with this. nobody.

Unlucky me.....exact same problem here - and I came to the board to try to find help. Any resolve yet MSRiverdog?

I am going to try to get Eagle to email me the old software version.

Just this year, I started getting problems with losing GPS signal a lot - and the upgrade was supposed to help that. I guess maybe it would, but my GPS isn't so great if I don't have a nice map to go with it!

Good luck on the software, they were supposed to send it to me last year after update number one, they didn't. If you succeed please send me a copy. When I saw 1.6 I thought OK, they got it right, they didn't. I reloaded the software the other day, at least now it defaults back to the last GPS screen when I turn it on, before it defaulted to the full US map, still won't complete the boot with my LakeMaster chip installed, blink's every 12 seconds like it wants to. This time I told it to upload and erase what was on it. Latest little B as in B, S as in S is that it won't let me put the guage screen up, the left side is just grey, it lets me choose them but doesn't put them up when I leave the menu. With the amount of units Lowrance/Eagle sells you would think they coud hire enough people to answer the phone and help you. SUCKS BIG TIME.

I just got an email back from Eagle .....they said to do a soft reset. I tried that before getting on here....and with the LM chip in there, you can't do it.

Still trying. If I end up with the software, I'll let you know.

there is another thead on here with a direct phone # and extension to call and get a person right away..i called and got the downgrade info for my LXC-27c within minutes after i talked to them..just gave them my email and they sent i loaded it on card and done took all of 10 minutes..i just dont know which thread it is on..looked at it this morning..so look in here it is somewhere and the number works to get a live person almost right away..hope this helps u guys out..

frustrated with lowrance is the thread i believe

Saw the same problem on a 334c using a 2006 Lakemaster chip. Put in a new 2008 version Lakemaster chip and all the problems went away. Take your unit into one of the Eagle/Lowrance retailers (Gander Mtn) and they will probably help you out and check it with the new chip on their display wall.

After hearing the problems of the sonar gps problems it leads me to beleive the best venture is to have seperate gps and sonar untill they figure out the bugs. As far as cost I dont think the cost will be a little bit more but you get reliable haslel free disruption.the fall back is spase. I will live with that

I found the thread for the direct dial number. Haven't been able to get anyone to answer, but I sent her an email. Hopefully something will work. I sent Eagle an email off their HSOforum, and the replied on the 4th of July at 1AM, telling me to do a soft reset. (Something tells me maybe their CS department that the emails go to is not in the US????)

I tried to reply to their email, and I get an undeliverable error.

Hopefully Linda can help out. Here's the link:

Frustrated with Lowrance

I sent an email this afternoon, with links to these 2 threads. We'll see what happens next. confused

I've done the soft and hard reset's,reloaded software and will make a bet it's the software, the unit works fine, sorta, can't get the guages to load either. mad

In today's email, wish me luck. wink

Date: Jul 8, 2008 7:33 AM

Jim, I just went up to the software department and was able to get you

the 1.2 card file. I am mailing it to you today. Please returnthe card

to me after you download it, thanks

Linda Colt

Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]

Riverdog!

You must be a silver-tongued (or silver-fingered?) smooth talker with Ms. Linda. Let me know what you can get......I have a hard time staying on the phone to be able to get through to these guys during normal business hours. I will be thinking twice before buying Lowrance again.

Here is the reply I got:

Dan, I am sorry, I would love to help you, however I do not have any of the older version software chips available here. They do have them in Custoemr Service, if you call them @ 1-800-324-1356 they will be happy to send you one. I wish I could help you, as I am sure that is frustrating, I have never heard of that happening.

Linda Colt

Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]