Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gatores

1992 Toyota Camry

4 posts in this topic

I had a check engine light come on a few days ago when I stepped on it to pass a car. It has never missed a beat but the light is on. I brought it in to get it checked and they said its a Code 12. They werent much help after that and said I should bring it into toyota.

The car is a 92 Camry LE with a 2.2 4cyl and about 316,000 miles. Any ideas on this and thanks in advance.

Rick

I'll have to refresh my memory at work tonight but I think there is something with the coil/distibutor.

Look for a crack in the coil. Another comon concern is a bad ecm. Basically the ecm is not getting an rpm signal.

I wasn't far off track! I would bet that the coil/distributor would be more likely but you can't rule out anything. If there was no light and then the light came on during a hard accelleration when everything including the ignition system is trying to work at peak output it would make more sense that its in the distributor?

Like I said, anything is possible!