• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1992 Toyota Camry

I had a check engine light come on a few days ago when I stepped on it to pass a car. It has never missed a beat but the light is on. I brought it in to get it checked and they said its a Code 12. They werent much help after that and said I should bring it into toyota.

The car is a 92 Camry LE with a 2.2 4cyl and about 316,000 miles. Any ideas on this and thanks in advance.

Rick

I wasn't far off track! I would bet that the coil/distributor would be more likely but you can't rule out anything. If there was no light and then the light came on during a hard accelleration when everything including the ignition system is trying to work at peak output it would make more sense that its in the distributor?

Like I said, anything is possible!