Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Trail Mix

5 posts in this topic

Am going camping this weekend and want to make some trail mix. Some are much better than others. Anyone have any suggestions/rates?

I had a Reese's pieces, Cashews, Peanuts, Dried Cherries, and Raisins mix that was pretty good once.

Cashews, peanuts, almonds, m&m's, and raisins. Dates, cashews, peanuts, raisins, almonds, cherries, and M&M'S.

I like sunflower seeds, sesame sticks, peanuts, almonds, very little raisins (for carbs, Goldfish (white cheddar) and then some unsweetened coconut goes into mine. If I can find some dried fruit that is low in sugar (blueberries, raspberries, etc.) or if I have time to dry my own, I will add those.

too add to your tail mix. granola,chocolate covered rasins,walnuts, I buy in bulk. mix my own.dried cherrys

I buy Kashi Honey Almond Crunch cereal and mix it with craisins, raisins, cashews, honey roasted sunflower seeds. You can add M&M's, yogurt covered raisins, or any other sweet you want, but being a diabetic I have to skip that stuff. The Kashi is very high in fiber which is really good for you