Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EBass

MetalGearSolid4

22 posts in this topic

I thought GTA4 was the best game, until I bought and played MGS4. GTA4 now sits as this gets my gaming attention. I'm just amazed about this game and was wondering if anyone else picked it up and your thoughts about it.

I have played it and thought the game was good. The online play isn't as good as Socom, but still is a good game

I recieved mine thru gamefly but haven't even put it in the system yet. My only reservation is i have heard like every other metal gear game there is an hour cut scene then 15 minutes of gameplay and the process repeats itself over and over.

I want to play this so bad but first I need a PS3...

They made this game with online multiplayer?! Whats that like?

Like i said before i don't think the online graphic are as good as Socom, but its still a fun game. The new Socom comes you sept 16 and i'm sure it will keep it's run at being the number one ps game played online again.

I just picked it up, and I'm getting throttled. I kick keester at COD4, but this is a new series for me. I think I'll have to start at easy mode until I figure out the methods of gameplay on this one. It does have a cool theme and tons of accessories, so I don't think I'll get too bored of this one. I haven't ventured online yet, I'm a little gunshy because I'm so bad at the regular game.

For the Playstation network so I can send you an invite.

I've got my reserved copy sitting at Gamestop and I'm dying to pick it up.....but first I need to buy some stuff for the boat and finish GTA4....because I know once I pick up MGS4 I won't be doing much else for a while! That game looks NASTY!

If you play online for any game, you need to register on the playstation network. Your username for the logon is your gametag. You can send invites,chat with other users online, and also get into group games when your added to others friend list. You can go to the sony ps3 HSOforum for more info.

I think you can do it either way. I did it by going to the webrowser on the playstation. It defaults to the sony page. Then click on the login button and follow the onscreen instructions.

edotcom1117 is my PS3 name. Normally I'm on COD4 online.

There are 5 acts for MGS4. I just started the 3rd act and from what I was told acts 4 and 5 will leave you in awe. Yes there are a lot of cut scenes, but it's like they're movies. Some get kinda long though. I haven't been online yet. Still learning how to take down soilders stealthy. Holding them up is funny and you get more stuff off of them then if you wax em.

I'll say this though, once you start you won't want to stop. You thought COD4 was addictive?

I thought when you are setting up your online connection that's when you setup your PS3 online name, and coming up with a name was the hardest part of connecting. You think of one and type it in and someone else has it. D'oh!

I'm doing it right know... I can't think of a name!!!! I'll let you know what i pick then ill add you guys

Mamohr and Ebass i sent you both a friend request, You guys will have to get the new socom so we can play together

Quote:
Mine is MS_CONTIN
I'll add ya tonight. BassCentral what's your handle?