Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FRESHWATER PETIE

Dock talk!

14 posts in this topic

Is it just me or does everyone else think that the bass fishing is just getting better and better each year? May be it's do to "global warming". It seems that maybe the fruits of catch and release are here! And of coarse our fishing gear is better than ever before. what do you think?

Alot of it has to do with the gear that we all have here now days. Just think back about 5-10 years ago, where the gear has come from.

Fishing has been soft for me, but i have not spent alot of time out on the water, being that i have been so busy with work.

I think a lot of it has to do with all the information out there these days, like Fishing Minnesota. You can learn a lot by reading other anglers post and just asking question that will help you become a better angler.

I think the biggest thing is the catch and release up here for bass. We have abundant other game fish and pan fish for eating, down south alot of bass get kept and you read about those tournament guys saying 6-8 keeper bites a day is a really good day. That and we only get at most 5-6 months a year to catch them, rest of the time they just get to swim around un pressured.

That, and sites like this make information travel faster on whats going on out there.

I think a lot of it has to do with all the information out there these days, like Fishing Minnesota. You can learn a lot by reading other anglers post and just asking question that will help you become a better angler.

X2

I remember my only info came from the 1-2 guys I fished with or what info I got out of a magazine which is many times slanted because the mag is getting paid or getting free stuff from the supplier. Now I can read here and get 100 views of a bait or technique.

The fishing gets better and better each year because we get better each year as well smile

Thanks to forums like this, it does make life easier and faster to learn from the pros and such. This is my fishing home for a long time to come smile

Bass,

That is what FM is about, having fun and learning about the different situation or whatever the case might be. Everyone is always more then willing to help others out.