Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FishSchutz

George Cochran MC

Hello Folks,

George Cochran FLW / Bassmaster Champion and now entering the $2million dollar club will be MC at Frankie's Pro Team Event in Chisago, August 22,23rd.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• So our bear friend came back today and she brought somebody with her. It might be time to quit feeding the birds sunflower seeds until next fall.  
    • I picked up that double bag deal about a month ago at Home Depot here in Sioux Falls. Ironically it was the same weekend we had the big April snow storm.
    • I see Home Depot advertising for Memorial day but no Kingsford double bag on sale. Has anyone seen any on sale anywhere? I am down to my last bag and need to stock up, Memorial weekend is usually the time to do it.
    • Found a cardinal nest in one of my shrub bushes. Cute little gray fuzzy things. I tried to take a picture, but my camera phone sucks, and I didn’t want to bother them. I’m so glad I spent $20 on a cardinal nest box, only to have it sit empty.
    • 20180519_060302.mp4 20180519_060302.mp4
    • Wisconsin's turkeys have survived my visit this year.  One is surely deaf after I managed to miss at 18 paces as he walked past me...  Not sure how that happened...   I feel like I rushed the shot when he started to get nervous.  Passed one jake the first morning that I could have taken at 40yd.   Came very close on two other mature gobblers.   One picked me off as he came around a hay pile at 20yd and immediately turned and ran, very smart bird.   The other came in hot, but decided to do a circle around me.  Appeared at 30yd wide open to my side while I was aiming down the sights towards his last gobble, and I had no chance to turn and shoot...  
    • Mentored for the Mn DNR women's Turkey hunt on Fri night and Sat morning. Friday was quiet but the birds flew up within 40 yards af the blind so we were hopefull for what the morning would bring. Sat morning was quiet and I waited till shooting hours to make my first yelps which were immediately cut off by 4 different birds. My lady was excited to say the least. She had never seen a turkey in the wild growing up and living in iron range.  Two of the toms gobbled a little after fly down but I could tell the were going north. The other 2 that were to our east gobbled a bit but shut up but sounded like the were coming down the road towards us. After about 20 minutes they rolled a big triple gobble within 60 yards wondering where this hen was at. I gave them a few purrs and set the call down getting her ready and calming her down for the shot. We still had not seen them put I could hear that unmistakable sound,pfffft boooom. Now I'm getting excited because I know they are danger close but they are on the side we can not see. Like always they proved me a fool and instead of coming right up the little road the cut through a high spot in the swamp and pop out in the field at 30 yards. They immediately hit full strut and throw a huge gobble right in our face and directly at my decoy that is set up at 8 yards. Then instead of coming right in they circle the decoy and blind at 25 yards and go to the side of the blind that is closed and gobble and strut for 15 min finally working into 8 to 10 yards bit still won't come towards the decoy. So I shut the one blind window and get her moved for a shot. The birds are now at 18 yards but getting skittish and moving away. As soon as I get the window open I hear her string drop and whay sounded like a hollow feathery smack and she says she got it. I look up and the birds are still there and look just a little nervous so I hit the call and they gobble back so I know it was a miss. So close but it was so much fun. Those 2 birds hung out for a few hours after strutting and gobbling at everything. 
    • Great bird, way to keep at it.
    • Nice bird, good job!
    • I assuming you are putting on the 5/16 T & G? I pushed mine tight and face nailed. Two nails per stud