• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catting report for Wednesday

AceintheHole

Well you could not have asked for a better night for fishing but the cats did not want to play tonight. Had one run thats it. Thanks scott for taking me out, well get then next. You could not ask for a better spot to fish. WE did manage to see a few gar swimming around but thats as close as we got to any fish. Looks like the magic 8 ball was wrong again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had good action until about 1130 pm, after which it shut down. Got 7 in the boat, between 4 and 14 lbs. Missed a couple nice ones, one cut off on my motor. Dang, wish I could have that one back. A great night out there, nice weather and good company, as always. Thanks to dtro and shack for hanging out.

Maybe it was the black berry brandy we were sipping on, might have to try rootbeer next time. I will say this, being last night was was first time out in a boat cattin for me. (Don't tell the wife but I got CATTIN FEVER)and the only cure for CATTIN FEVER is more cattin.

I've seen it rise and fall when I've been out.

There are some urban legends that some have almost gotten thier boats stuck getting on the wrong side of a bridge by a creek and barely able to squeak back through

I use NOAA Advance hydrological prediction.

"Rivergage" works also.

If I remember....the fishing was pretty slow that trip grin

That is by far one of the coolest/funniest clips I have ever seen. Laugh every time I see it!

I think I am going to pick a bottle of that stuff up tonight on the way home smile.

Whats your guys opinion on the Okuma Avenger reels ?

I personally have had good luck with them, but I know of others who seem to get defective ones. Not really defective, but just silent clickers, infact the last time we were out together, I saw a fish hit his rod, and no sound what so ever, but he didn't see it, I told him there was a fish there, and sure enough there was a nice channel cat on the end of his line, but when he went to pick it up, it was peeling line out, again, no sound though.

I guess for this kind of fishing, I would just step up to the Epixor, or Salt Stryker, which are the same reels, just one has the Okuma name on it, and the other is made by Okuma for Cabelas.

Well I finally got that monkey of my back. Went out with Scott lastnight and managed a few small flats. Nothing huge but fun.

28x17 10 1/2 lbs

100_0750.jpg

26x16 8 1/2 lbs This stupid fish tore the lleh out of my hands.

100_0749.jpg

28x17 12 1/2 lbs

100_0748.jpg