Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MidCoast

So what would you rather have?

35 posts in this topic

I agree a reel, but instead of going all out on a reel, you can get a nice pole and reel. I dont know how much you were thinking, but for $125-$150 you can get a nice pole and reel!

Depends.... Fishing slop id get a cheap solid rod and nice reel. For drop shotting I would prefer a more expensive rod for feel and and a cheaper reel.

Yes depends what im fishing. Most walleye presentations rod other applications- reel

rod.....a reel you can always backreel to aleveiate the poor drag but you can't componsate for sensitivity on a rod.....good spelling huh!!

I like to have nice stuff. So If I get an expencive rod, I still have a nice reel to put on it and vise versa.

Rod for finess fishing or jig fishing. Reel for everything else. If you buy a reconfig'ed combo you can a pretty nice Rod & reel setup for close to what it would cost for buying an expensive/cheap combo seperately.

I would also check out Limit Creek Rods as they are great rods and a lower price. The money you save getting these great quality rods you can put a nice reel on them and have a great setup.

Rod. It's got to telegraph all that information to you about what's happening on the working end of the line.

I think Rod. But there are definately cases where the reel is far more important. Muskie fishing for example I will take a good reel over a good rod any day.

definately the rod. nothin like the feel of a good quality rod