• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

House boat Recommendations

I have a group of 8-12 that are entertaining the idea of renting a houseboat. Currently we are not picky on location as long as it has access to Walleye and either Pike or Muskie fishing. We will have access to our own boats and price right now is not etched in stone. Basically looking for experiences that everyone has had and which areas/lakes provided the best overall experience.

Get Billy Dougherty at Rainy lake Houseboats (co-owner) as your guide... he's a walleye and smallmouth expert on Rainy...

but dig deep... they are ALL expensive and RLHB is good and among the more expensive... the prices you see do not include $5 per gallong gas!!!

Lac Seul Floating Lodges in Hudson, ON. or Sioux Lookout Floating Lodges in Hudson, On. Obviously on Lac Seul which has walleyes everywhere and trophy Musky in the NE region of Lake with Pike and Smallies mixed in. You will not regret it. Figure on $4000 but to split that with your size party you are getting away with a cheap trip. GoodLuck

I have gone with Lac Suel Floating Lodges, Sioux Lookout Floating Lodges, Ontario Wilderness on LOW and the Rainy Lake folks. All are outstanding and all are a great trip. They all have their advantages and disadvantages as I see them but the ones that get me into Lac Seul are my favorites. There is some difference in price but with your size group I don't think you will notice much per person.