Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Ralph Wiggum

New pup whining

We just got our first dog this weekend. He will be sleeping in a crate/kennel. Any tips to help ease his anxiety? Once he gets to sleep he's fine, but he whines and whimpers for quite a while before he nods off. He's 11-weeks old.

Thanks.

When we raised labs, we would put an old wind-up alarm clock in the crate, under the blanket. It was suppose to imitate the "heartbeat" of the mom, it seemed to work pretty well.

The only thing that really works is to let them get used to it and cry themselves out. Once they get used to the crates, the majority of dogs that I have had loved it and would sleep in there even when they weren't told to.

Good luck!

The only thing that really works is to let them get used to it and cry themselves out. Once they get used to the crates, the majority of dogs that I have had loved it and would sleep in there even when they weren't told to.

That's what I figured. We'll just suffer in the mean time crazy

He actually doens't mind the crate. He'll go in and lay down on his own, but if I close the door, he starts the sobbing.

You might want to try covering the crate with a blanket when you put him in it for the night. It worked for a friend of mine that got a puppy from me. They all go through it and it won't last long.

I've put a radio in the room and at times that seemed to help some. Other then that. Just let him do his whining. You don't want to go in and calm him as he'll catch on that is how to get you to come in the room.

Yep, we went through it too. We covered the kennel with a blanket, and put a talk radio right outside the door so she could hear it but we couldn't. Most of the time that worked. Some times she would whine or bark in the middle of the night. I let her outside once to go to the bathroom and then back in the kennel. If she continued to whine, I picked the whole kennel up (with her in it) and carried it to a room in the basement and closed the door so we couldn't hear her. Don't let her think that if she whines she can get out of the kennel. It took 3 or 4 weeks for us before she would sleep through the entire night without a problem.

Which talk radio station? Don't you run the risk of having a seriously screwed up dog if you put on jason Lewis or some other goofball.

I built a whelping kennel about 4 x 8 in the garage. If you put some shavings down on one end the dog will go and do it's business in the shavings. An old towel or blanket to sleep on is also needed, water as well. With the dog in the garage the noise wasn't an issue. I used a combination of NPR and Soucheray to allow the dog to develop a more balanced view of life.

NPR to Souchie eh? Now that's a swing...!

Actually NPR to Lewis would be a beetter way to balance... ultra hard left to ultra hard right... Souchie is almost in the middle just a little right of center... much like most of America.

NPR would be a great way to get your dog to heal on the left! hehehe, but I'd fear he'd let all the birds scurry away and and I prefer that he'd pee on a tree rather than hug a tree!

Good Luck!

Ken

Warm the blankets or whatever you put in with him in the dryer. Get it warm - some have used a hot water bottle for the pup to cuddle next to

My lab did that too. I remember having to move her from a different room, to a farther room, then the basement, then the garage one night because it was so bad. It wasn't that she needed to go to the bathroom, just didn't want to be left alone. I tried the clock thing and don't think that it worked. But I personally think that the way you handle it now makes a big difference for the rest of their lives. Don't give in, it'll get better by day and eventually won't be a problem at all.