• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oh Lord, Forgive Me!

we took a trip to western Nebraska this weekend. made stops at Bass Pro in Council Bluffs, and Cabelas in kearney Neb. I didn't buy a thing at either store! blush I didn't think it was possible to do that!

i was looking more for hunting stuff( haven't hardly been fishing with all the flooding around here!) but ??

Look at the cash you saved Del. I don't know if I could ever do that.

The bird population looks to be taking a hit too. I would guess that all wildlfe will be hit hard with the massive flooding.

Its sad to see all the damage and people that have to deal with these floods.

i kind of surprised myself! grin,but neither one had what i was looking for.

i'm afraid our pheasant pop is going to be very low( atleast in our area) . we may get a third hatch , but usuaully that one is small anyway.

some of the areas here are really bad. between those that lost thier homes, and bussinesses; then all the thilth and chemicals left behind. not good! del

probably the hens did, but many of the nest in this area got hit hard.( not all the state had the heavy rains we did though!)some of our fields still have water sitting in them . the streams are down ,but the ditches and draining slowly.( note! i live 40 mi. N.E. of waterloo) del

I'm in Decorah. We're headed down with rods to the Upper Iowa here in town for the first time since the flooding. Some guys have been out working the new undercut banks that weren't there before.

As far as the economic impact on parts of Iowa goes - the only words to describe it are "devastating" and "tragic". The whole country is going to feel the impact of diminished ethanol and food production, just like we all felt the surge in construction material costs following Katrina.

Decorah itself got off light; just inconvenienced, really, but Cedar Rapids, Des Moine and thousands of acres of agricultural land are feeling huge, uninsured losses.

So anyway - delmuts, you have far more discipline than I do!