• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coleman bass classic 10 ft

I will be purchasing one of these soon and want to know if anybody has anything to say about them. My biggest concern is transportation to my local waters. I have researched some canoe carriers and wanted to know if anyone had any advice on what to look for to make transporting easy. It is 10'2" long and 50" beam. All input appreciated.

Thanks.

I had to go look this boat up to see what a 50 inch beam looked like. I was expecting a crazy looking kayak but these look pretty neat. Are you really able to put something like this on top of your vehicle? I would think a 150lb boat would be well over the weight restriction of most roofs no to mention extremely difficult to get up there. What about a single jetski trailer?

My plan for this rig is taking it on my local area smaller lakes so my priority is finding something for hand hauling like a dolly or cart. I have seen quite a few dollys and carts but not sure about them because of the 50" inch beam. My garage space is pretty limited so a trailer may be out of the question unless I get a folding one.

You could always make one your self, i have seen on the st croix forum a guy who made one and it was really neat and sounded easy enough to build. Couple bike tire and some sort of frmae whether you have one welded or make one with some kind of spare parts at least you could custom fit. not to mention a fun little project. Hoipe you find what you are looking for.

You could use just about any 2-wheel setup with an axle, provided it was wide enough and strong enough, and attach it to one end of the boat using a ratchet strap to hold it in place.

I used the chassis from an old bike trailer, and beefed it up a bit with 2x4s. Added some foam padding, and a ratchet strap to hold it in place. It works pretty well, although I think I might have to beef it up a bit more. The best part is it fits in my canoe, so I don't have to leave it on shore or run it back to my car. While that particular setup might not work for a bass boat, I think you can get something together for relatively cheap.