Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MinnesotaMongo

Slow Death reports

6 posts in this topic

I hope I'm not jumping a current topic - but I was wondering about everybody's experience with the "Slow Death" hooks by Mustad.

I had forgotten that I bought about 6 packs of them before I left for vacation -but on the last day, I FOUND them. In a word - TRY THEM. Seriously. We were on Rush Lake during the monsoons - and it saved the day. A serious walleye tool in my opinion - and better yet - a serious vacation saver for the family - because EVERYTHING bit on it - serious bites - all the way down the mouth bites. Pannies - Northerns - Perch - Walleye

I was curious about your experience with them.

i havent used them cause i cant find them lol but just out of curiosity what rush lake did you use them on?

I used them up by Ottertail - and they were outstanding....

Gander Mountain carries the bigger packs of the mustad slow death hooks. I picked up a big pack of them what the best way to fish them?

I love these hooks! I tie my own lindy rigs, and what I have done is added 5 beads (I like orange) with a Smile blade on a 36"-48" leader. Have had much success with the walleyes. Certain nights this set-up has out-fished others.