• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Moccasin Flowers" (pics)

I found em!....Pink Lady Slippers(Moccasin flowers) that is!....happy! happy! happy! grin...my old "spot" didn't produce this year so I figured I'd head to the "Bog" (Sax-Zim) since one would think they'd be in that invironnment....sure enough!....Owl Avenue! grin....not alot of em but a couple different plants few hundred feet apart....the skeeters sucked about 1/2 pint of blood outta me....I worked for these images cry...plus I was up to my calves in swamp water crossing that ditch on Owl Avenue!....but....it was worth it grin...a few images...

and a few "Swamp Laurels" mixed in...

Frame_slipper6.jpg

Frame_ladyslipper63.jpg

Frame_lslipper90.jpg

Frame_slipper53.jpg

and the wild roses are just starting to bloom!....same area as the Pink Lady Slippers...

Frame_wildrose2.jpg

Thanks Steve!....that rose photo background sure ended up nice I must admit....there was a dark shadowed, water filled ditch about 25' below that rose bush....made for a nice contrasting background!....snapped the image from about 10' away from the rose bush