• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chatterbaits for Northern????

Hoffer

Anybody have experience using the chatterbaits for Northerns. Thinking of using the larger sized 3/8 oz ones in canada next week. Also bought a few of the smaller ones for smallmouth - but I was wondering if anybody has had any luck with the larger sized ones for norts!

Thanks-

Hoffer

I have not used the smaller ones but a common complaint from the bass guys that use them is how many pike they catch! Try bringing a couple, sure couldn't hurt!

Enjoy your trip!

Hoffer,

I used one of the bass size chatterbaits (white/white) on Lac Seul and caught both northern and walleye with it. Oddly enough I didn't catch any bass with it at all.

The northern seemed like they were really angry at it when they hit it. I even had a nice 22" walleye come out of the weeds and strike it like a northern would.

Like Chris said, it sure wouldn't hurt to try it. Good luck!

Regards,

CH47

On my small and clear lake, with lots of small pike, I have not really caught many pike on them. Granted, I have not giving them a ton of time yet, but I thought it would bring the pike in like crazy, but so far last year it did not. I haven't tried it yet this year, I don't think. But it didn't set any records last year for me.