• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Fantastic 1st Womens GTG

Hi all, The 1st Annual FM Womes GTG is over - and I tell ya , what a blast laugh

First of all,a huge thank you to Paul and Appledoorns Sunset Bay Resort , first class service and wonderful accomadations. if you want one of the best experiences on Mille Lacs you have to check out Appledoorns. Paul everything was wonderful, you are a great host !!!

What a crazy, wonderful, talented, advertures group of women. A fantastic weekend was had by all. grin

We got some great fishing in right off the bat, we rented Appledoorns pontoon for Sat morning, hit the water about 8 am and headed straight for my honey hole ( no I ain't gonna tell ya where ), The wind was blowing strong enough to drift lindy's from the pontoon. Actually the wind was quite strong and the ladies in front got, a few, free, cold, early morning showers. shocked

We managed to pull in 5 walleyes and 1 20" smallie. The eyes where 25,24,21,15 and 13".

We headed out again that evening, had a boat against boat contest, Char's boat with Teresa, Shelly, and Hope in it, kicked our behinds shocked - Myself and Lisa where in Barbs boat.

We got off the water just in the nick of time Sat. thanks to some awesome tractor driving by Paul laugh. We then headed to Hunters for Drinks and food.

Came back, had a bonfire and then went for a beautiful walk ( about 1:30 am crazy ) out on Applpedoorns dock, with the moon shinning and the stars out, it was spectacular !

Thank you Ladies for a great weekend, fun fishing and new friends. grin

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was nice to meet you all, So sorry the weather came in so bad, would have liked to have chatted with you a little more.. and Paul and I were flying trying to get boats out of the water...

It was however a pleasure to meet many of you, if only briefly.

I have to agree this get together was awsome!!!!!! I had a blast meeting all of you and spending time on the lake and off. I hope to we are able to get together again soon. Thanks Barb for the hats. I can't wat to see everyone pictures, if you can email me them. Thanks again Paul and Appledorns. You were great!!!!!!!!!

Hope

[email protected]

All I can say is I haven't had so much fun since I was 20 years old. For us being such a diverse group of women we had a blast. I would do this again in a heart beat even if I did get soaked to the gills Saturday morning and dang near fell on my keester Saturday night coming in off the dock.(Long story and we don't wanna go there.) I agree with the other gals, I am totally impressed with Appledoorns Resort and Paul. A five star place to go in my book!! I am definitely gonna try to get back there again during hardwater time. Great meeting all the gals! And thank a billion's Paul for a great weekend. Forgot to add, thank you ladies for making this old broad feel so young again. laugh

Hey Hope, did you guys catch anything today?

Sounds like you girls had a great time, can't wait to see the pictures. Getting out and putting faces to the names on here is a great time. Paul is top notch, it doesn't suprise me that you loved it there. He's a great guy. I haven't been to the resort yet, but I'm sure it's awesome.

Gals, thought I would post a picture of myself, my sister (her 60th birthday) and my brother I spent the whole weekend talking about. The second picture is one of the Eagle sculptures my friend Ken does.

July2003_sm.jpg

Kenseagle.jpg

Barb,

We did catch a few today!! Hope Shelly can get online and I will send her photos.

What a great time I had!!!!

I have to admit that I was a little hesitant about this weekend, because normally I don't put myself out there. And six strange (not in a bad way) women?!?! Well, any doubts that I had were gone as soon as I pulled into Appledoorns. Everyone made me feel so welcome - I felt like I had known you all for years.

Here's to new friends!!

Nice to see everyone have a great time.

I wish that I would have had more time to spend with you ladies, but the weather has really been making things tough lately. Thanks goes out to Dietz for the huge assist on Saturday night, He's still going to have to tell the URL story one night smile

Char can you send me the photos for our HSOforum?

It was a fun weekend! It was great meeting all of you! The pontoon ride was wet AND wild! I'm glad I brought my rain gear. Thank you Shelly for not teasing me too bad about the bobber boo boo and the rope incidents(s)! blush Everyone was very patient with my bloopers. grin Congrats to Char, Shelly, Teresa and Hope for winning Saturday night's "fishing contest". Didn't you beat us by like a 100"? cry I got to try bass fishing for the 1st time this weekend (thanks for sharing your bass lures Tami). We got a thunderstorm coming off the lake Saturday night that blew through fast thankfully. We had supper at Hunter's Point until it stopped raining so that worked out pretty good. I completely forgot about my smoked salmon in the cooler. Sorry girls! It was nice seeing you again Deitz! Thanks Barb for the great hat! My only regret was that I didn't take enough pictures! But here's a couple:

My tent "arriving" safely on the Honda. I'm so glad my tent didn't blow off the top of my car on the way to Mille Lacs on Friday!! Gotcha garyc! wink

PICT0010_2.jpg

Paul hauling Char and Teresa to the lake:

PICT0012_2.jpg

HUGE thanks to Paul at Appeldoorn's for the a great place for all of us to gather and making sure things went smoothly for us!! It was great meeting you too. gringrin

Teresa: I can't remember if I said thank you for the tremendous pancake breakfast Sunday morning, but it was great! The surprising thing is we had all that food and we hardly ate anything. We were too busy concentrating on fishing. And when the storm rolled through on Saturday evening we ended up eating dinner out. Your friend Chelle was a blast, I sure hope I get to see her again.

Lisa: The old grouch loved the picture of the tent, and then scolded me for not remembering to take the camera when we went out fishing. Actually not scolded, lectured me for an hour. I spent nearly 2 hours telling him all about the weekend. I am going to wait for someone else to post the "picture", but gotta tell ya mine turned out great!

Tami: Your trailer rig is so cool! I tried to describe it to the old grouch and he said he hopes to get a chance to see it sometime. I can't remember the name of the line you were using, can you refresh my memory? I think your "honey hole" would have really produced if the wind would have been a little less aggressive, I am sure glad you were running the pontoon as it must have been really tough keeping it under control. Never did learn how to run the GPS, but I think it is on my Christmas list!

Char: That is one sweet looking boat you have, I am so glad you came. For some reason you looked familiar to me, I am so happy I got to meet you. You guys sure beat our hinders Saturday afternoon, just goes to show you know your stuff. Thank goodness you remembered your camera on the pontoon. Are you going to post some of your pictures?

Hope: Gosh I loved your bubbly personality, we had so much fun telling stories around the campfire. I really wished we would have had more time to get to know each other.

I hope I didn't overwhelm or bore you ladies with all my chatter and stories about the old grouch and family history. This weekend was so good psychologically, I was actually happy to get home and see the old grouch. I guess the storm rolled through up here pretty strong, dropped a tree right on our driveway and Jim had to cut it up to get out of her on Sunday. He was a good boy and took his time so he wouldn't end up hurting himself. He was reading the forum while I was gone and was so happy to see the post by Paul about us getting off the lake and heading out to dinner. Thanks Paul for the update about our safety as I forgot to call my hubby to let him know we were doing OK.

Gosh I am a chatty old broad ain't I. Cheers to ya all and let's start researching our next GTG! I can picture myself at 80 years old sitting on a dock somewhere fishing, reminiscing about what a great time we had.

Lisa leaving to go back home with her tent:

Lisa.jpg

Tami's rig: the trailer is fully rigged inside to carry 2 Yaks and everything she would need to survive on. The truck is rigged with every tool imaginable.

Tamisrig.jpg

And yes we even had flowers on the table for breakfast Sunday

Ooops for got this one, Tami and Teresa taking the tent off of Lisa's car on Friday afternoon.

Lisa2.jpg

Hey everyone - again - a great weekend laugh

I'll get my pics up this afternoon, if I don't go fishing - grin

Lisa - hope the tent got home OK, thanks for the applepie shocked

Barb - thanks for the hat, ( the bead goes on tonight wink )

Char - you where a hoot sat. night - stove pipe - whistle

Teresa - is the hair dry yet - how is Solo ? smile

Hope - quick pee - the wheelers are coming shocked

Shelly - got a name yet? confused

Solo is great. My butt muscles are still aching from grabbing the darn pontoon seat everytime the wave came at me. The hair is about dry. I had so much fun and hope to gather again soon. Barb, thank you so much for that cool hat, I usually don't wear them, but this one I will. The weekend was so cool with all the different things we brought to the campfire. I can't wait for our group to grow and share the fun we had. We all really fit nicely together. Paul was an awesome host, and I really think we just scared Dietz away. I can't wait for more pictures. smile