Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark Cloud

New un-identified amphibious species discovered

20 posts in this topic

Not sure what it is, but atleast the air bubbles appear to be coming from the front of the creature grin

My girlfriend did an extensive study of the creature. She highly noted two things.

1) Air bubbles come from both ends in near equal amounts. Thats why we always tell my nieces while swimming - "dont bite the bubbles".

2) The thing is a fish catching machine!

Does this expulsion of air act as a defense mechanism or is it more of a sonic blast that stuns bait fish?

She cant really pin down the "why" for the gas release. The creature definatly takes pleasure in the release and post release effects. This leads her to believe it may be some sort of "device" to ward off air breathing annoyances? Or it could have something to do with balast and neutral boyancy? The study continues...

So it acts as a ballast in other words? Similar to a submarine. Very interesting!!!

Now if it can fine tune this ability like the fish that spits water at it's prey to knock it off a branch and into the water. I can see where it would blow fish out of the water. The photo shows as if it were under pressure and ready to attack. Also looks to be quadripedal, allowing it to retrieve land-stricken game.

Oh, the thing is in constant predator mode. It actually seems to enjoy the hunt and subsequent kill. It will eat anything but favorite meals include walleyes, panfish, whitetails, pigs, and cows. It will also eat veggies, greens and mushrooms. Besides water it seems to have a taste for milk and brewed beverages that contain barley and hops...

She also said that "bloated" look has something to do with hamburgs, hotdogs, and beverages...

I believe Ive sighted a creature similiar to this around my area!Ive heard that they migrate many miles in search of fish and food!

Not only is it a master in the art of disguise with what appears to be a removable duck bill or some sort of shark fin to fool it's quarry, but it's also a master in fluid dynamics.

Frankie - In the wise wise words of Metalica - "sleep with one eye open"...

Enter Sandman

Oh I have the one eye open all the time . . . should I be worried about the unknown creature with the short rudder?

Uh I dont think thats a rudder maybe detatchable reproductive organ wink

One question, should we worry about it breeding?! Sorry, couldn't resist the opening!!

Ray