• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I finally did it!

I have been thinking about buying a digital SLR for over a year and pondered over several. I finally decided on a Nikon D80 paired with a Nikkor 18-135mm lens. I have been thinking about this one for about 3 or 4 months and decided today was the day when the wife gave the approval!!!

I realize that this barely touches some of the Mercededs/BMW of cameras that you guys have but after only reading through the first couple of pages I am quickly realizing I have no idea what any of it means. grin

So you probably won't see any amazing shots from this guy but I'm pretty excited to turn it on as soon as the battery is charged and see what I can do!

jer, way to go, man!

You have all the camera and lens you need to take smashing pictures. With digital cameras it's the sensor that really counts unless you're in a very demanding sub-specialty like action sports, and the DSLR bodies at the D80 level come with great sensors.

Have fun with and and show us some stuff. And don't be afraid to ask questions.

Congratulations!! I use the D80 also and I'm extremely happy with it. You'll have a lot of fun with it for sure. That lens is a great lens to get you going also.

Glad to have another Nikonian on the forum.