• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty 5

LMITOUT

The first site with news on Call of Duty: World at war. The next installment of Cll of Duty, set in World War II and being developed by Treyarch.

Developer: Treyarch

Publisher: Activision

Players: 1-2

Online (Co-Op): 2-4

Online Multiplayer: 2-16

Call of Duty: World at War will utilise the Call of Duty 4 engine but the developer has also added various enhancments, such as the ability the burn down buildings and foliage. The game takes place primarily in the pacific, with the US forces fighting Imperial Japan. Frank Kearsy, military advisor and Gulf War Veteran, has made sure that the way the Japanse fight is both tenacious and shocking.

You’ll also be fighting as the Russians, who are invading Germany. With the Nazi forces on the back foot they will start fighting even more ferociously in an attempt to defend their strongholds such as in Berlin. There is also a new party system that will allow the leader to issue commands to his troops in single player.

Mutliplayer perks are also back, including some of the favorites from Call of Duty 4, but there will also be new ones that better suit the time period. The game also features new weapons for the series, such as the flamethrower, which according to OXM, can melt the skin off of your enemies and set ablaze grass and wooden buildings. You are also able to shoot throw materials depending on the strength of the material.

Treyarch is promising that this new installment of Call of Duty will be the darkest one yet and are dedicated to making the best game they can. They have had two years of development time, rather than the 11 months they had for Call of Duty 3. And this time they have specific teams working on all the different versions, with the Xbox 360 version acting as the lead.

cool

I heard that Treyarch might bomb this... being that they are like 1% of what Infinity Ward is. I hope not though, it sounds like it could be an awesome game.

They are supposedly building on the COD4 framework, but I'm a little disappointed they are going back to the World War era. Who really wants to mess around with single shot rifles and flame throwers?

So, when is COD6 coming out?

OH I dunno - I'm a PS3 guy and it comes out in Sept for us. Xbox normally comes out first (they pay the rights) but I don't know if this is a sony only deal or not.

Socom is a SONY exclusive game. n I personally didn't care for the previous installments (3rd person view). Unless there are some amazing bereak thru's in this game I doubt I will purchase it for my PS3, it basically only gets used for a BluRay player.