• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Very Regretful Error...

I have always loved photography, not from a technical point for I am the last guy on the planet who is technical regarding photographic equiptment.

Recently I decided to upgrade my photography equipment by purchasing some quality Canon lenses....I have no regrets!

However, because of my inexperience, I still make many mistakes while out in the field shooting subjects. These next two pic's is a fine example of how one can get caught regretably off guard.

The thunderstorms that passed through my neck-of-the-woods two days ago were a photographers dream. For rarely have I ever witnessed such a brillantly colored, all naturally colored storm cell that passed right over my residence. Yes I did manage to capture some very eye pleasing pic's. However I also lost some of the best opportunities due to camera shake.

If only I had grabbed my monopod or tripod when I walked out my backdoor and began shooting the sky!

In this first pic, the ambient light was sufficiant enough to still be able to hand hold the camera to get the shots. You must take into account that I was shooting these conditons using a slow shutter speed.

This pic came out sharp and clear...

259_5947-1-1.jpg

However, as the sun continued to set, the ambient light was also deminishing thus making it very difficult to avoid camera shake under the settings I was shooting under at the time. Adding to my dilemma was the fact that in order to attempt this pic, I had to run approximately 200 yards to my duck pond.

By the time I reached the pond, my 53 year old lungs were starving for oxigen! Sadly there was no way in which I could get the shot and avoid camera shake, which resulted in lousy result!

I will never allow such a mistake to ever kill the moment again!

So please save yourselves a lot of disappointment by always carry your pods!

259_5964-1.jpg