• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pimpin the Porty

WTN4ICE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look'in great Dude!

Remember to add some images to the Portable Mod. thread that has been going for a couple years when you are done.

If you can not find it, let us know.

Shack

Thanks. I'm happy to get some pics posted. Had to get a lesson from my daughter. Nothing is definate yet,there could be many changes before I get to the final layout.The seats will go back to the original positions & hopefully the auger wii go behind them.I also plan to add LED lights to the poles & possibly some tunes. I'm having a lot of fun with this & welcome any advise or tips from anyone who has done this.

To me, the thread below is one of the coolest on FM.

This thread will give you many idea's and when you are done, post you mod in it for future people to see.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Click here for the bible on Porty Mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I did at first was write a list of items I wanted in my mod. No, matter how silly or extravagant they where, you will be amazed at how easy they are to incorporate into the design of your mod. If it makes fishing more fun or easier, no idea is a bad idea.

You are at a point, where things could be changed if you wanted and I hope the above thread helps.

As of right now, it looks good to me.

Good luck!

I have studied every photo in that thread many times for insperation.I do deliveries in ND that provide a lot of windshield time to think about design.I called Thorn Bros about there mods get together,wish it was happening now guess I'll have to wait till Sept.To answer your question SP180 the spot for the heater is only for transport.A 20lb propane tank will be on the back of my snowmobile. I used a milk crate & bungee last year but will have a premanent rack this year.

Looks great so far. A few questions.

I dont run the same heater as you so this may be a dumb question. Any issues with the 2 x 2 in front of the heater starting on fire? Will the guy sitting on the right side of the house get roasted by the heater?

I run a Mr Heater/cooker that sits between the holes. This helps keep the holes only when its seriously cold. Will the Mr. Buddy keep your holese open?

Its tough to see in the photos. How are your aluminum seat rails attached with the mods?

Thanks, WG

This is a FT Voyager that is 5-6 years old. The cooler might actually become the minnow pail,if not I will put the sit-n-fish pail in that spot. As for added weight I think it will be about an even trade off.The weight of the wood should be offset by putting the propane tank on the snowmobile.I will use the small battery for the LED lights as the big one is just too heavy. The only real extra weight will be the auger.I pulled a medium otter sled behind it with the auger & extra stuff. The tenative plan is to put the auger behind the seats & eliminate the need to pull the extra sled. An upgrade on the seats would be nice also.I saw some high backed boat seats at FF that looked interesting but was wondering how the vinyl would hold up in the cold ??I scavenged some scraps of paneling yesterday from a buddie for partitions & the 2x2s were ripped from lumber I already had so to this point the cost is 0.0. Where else can you get hours of enjoyment creating something for no cost...Yet.The spot the heater is in is only for transport. When in use it sits in the corner of the tent when extended. The seats are just sitting there loose to get an idea how to fit it all together.After 5 yrs of my big butt on the seat the swivel plate & the rail guides are a little bent so I will have to figure that out later.

Hey WTN, looks cool! I don't have my Otter Cabin pimped, but I did do a couple things that came in handy.

I added a U-bolt at the rear, and it worked great for daisy chaining another two sleds to pull behind the snowmobile. I.e. no tying to unstable areas, etc. I also added two eye bolts on each side, just to use bungies over the top, or to tie off the ice anchors, etc. I actually used them a few times already, and having them nice and solid and handy saved time and cold fingers smile

For the seats, maybe think about the "pin and base" style used in boats. We have the alum base in our boat and it is lightweight and works slick, and very simple. Then you can always just leave one seat easily if you are going alone, makes more room and less weight.

Keep the pics coming smile

Still got a long way to go. It's bolted in now so the basic layout won't change. There should be a place for all my gear.I carry four rods & have an idea that if works should be different than anything Iv'e seen.I just saw the forecast,no ice this week so plenty of time to finish.Thanks for the support,more pics to come.

I saw these two shorter buckets headed for a dumpster & knew I had a use for them.The seats will go directly over them.The Vex fits perfectly & the other one is for stuff. So far there seems to be a place for everything,my rods will go in the open spot. Still ponderin how that will work. Cost to this point 0.00.

PimpinthePorty001-2.jpg

PimpinthePorty006-1.jpg