• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishless nights

Scott K

I was also bummed to find the water had dropped about 2-3 ft in a week. That's catting , I guess.

Wow, just be glad you're not fishing the MN river! We have seen it go from >22 feet high on June 21 to just over 14 feet yesterday! That's a solid drop, I'd say. Still runnable with the big boat, so that's good. Fishing has definitely been solid up til last night. When Darren, WWG, and I get together, things slow down a bit. Any combination of the 2 seem to be able to catch good fish, but even the orange monkey couldn't being an upgrade last night with the 3 of us in the boat.

Two small fish, and several hits where they dropped the bait after initial hit. Others have said that they think the fish are just moving the bait out of the way, and I'd say I agree. Even the one I hooked last night was just in the middle of dropping the bait (I think). When I swung for a hookset, it felt HUGE, but it turns out I hooked him in the belly/arse area, then drug the little guy in sideways. John's fish was definitely NOT just moving the bait. When it got to the boat all we could see of that bullhead was the back half not yet fully swallowed. Oh yeah, and the sheepshead king WWG got another. So pretty uneventful all in all, but still a good time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic