• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishless nights

Scott K

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am upto 7 in a row. I must have forgot how to catch fish! I have hit some prime spots, and they look really fishy! I have came to the conclusion all the fish washed down stream. It cant be me smirk ,either that or its the bullheads grin

LOL wow I had no d*mn clue what you were talking about untill tonight. For the 29 pounder, I have the full story. They were fishing the hastings dam not the ford dam. There is no pics of this 29 pounder, but what he is saying is that they are catching 20+ on any pretty regular basis. I need to go out and see for myself. Also another story for ya. I was down at gander in burnsville talking with a few guys back in the fishing department. They all no me well no and what I fish for. They told me that a guy came in last week with a fish in his vehicle that was huge. two days later he came in b*tching that he was catching little 20-30 pounders. He brought in pics of the fish and measurements from the other day. The guys says that by the measurements this fish was at 76 or 77 pounds. The kickers was the night was the first time he had ever went out catfishing and didn't know what he had as way of the state record.

I'm with you I would have to see late before i could believe it.

I'm thinking those channels might be flats. I don't know. That would be a monster Flat. I think we would all like to see that pic

There are pics of these big cats .I think you were on the right track Ace. I was at work talking with my buddy and I was asking some other ?'s that you had put in my head. I think they were catching blues. The guy that was taking the pics has a sh*tter camera and has to put it on his computer and save them to a disk for me, but I am trying my da*nist to get them for you guys and myself.

Well I finally got the monkey off my back! In the last few nights of fishing the action has been hot! I caught 9 flats myself last night, with that many more caught by the other 2 in my boat. Then with all the missed ones, and the break offs, and ones that were spit out, we could have boated 30+ cats in one night. No huge monsters, but many over 15. Last night was by far the best action I have ever had fishing cats! We went out with 4 dozen bullheads and creek chubs, and came back with a few small ones left.

The one night I don't get out with you, you have your best night of the year. Glad to hear you finally got into some fish. I'm down to Fri, Sat, and Sun nights for fishing. I finally got a job (Thank God) working nights up in rockford 4 ten hours days.

Way to stick with it 4WE!

It was just a matter of time, and notice how the yin yang balanced everything right back out again with your best night ever following that dry streak.

Ya I had a really good first part of the year, with a couple 30#ers, and some 20's, then 8 outings in a row with now fish. I look on here and I see you guys having the best year ever with high water, and I couldnt hook one in that time. Now the water drops and my action is back! I am just waiting for the big one now, I am sure I had it on at least once this year, I will get another chance I am sure.

My nephew and I got blanked last night on a spot that was hot a week ago. Not even a baby. I would have rather fished Friday in the unsettled weather, but they made it sound like it was going to rain all evening. I was also bummed to find the water had dropped about 2-3 ft in a week. That's catting , I guess.