• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DIRTY POWER

eglleftcoast

So I just purchased my new Plasma TV and the sales person tried to convince me that I needed to spend another 500 bucks on a machine that would eliminate the dirty power coming into my home. He gave me a demonstration with a voltage type meter that provided a reading with and without the unit. I said thanks but no thanks. Anybody have any knowledge on this subject?

Thanks……

More like an overpriced UPS.

All the device will do is attempt to maintain a steady voltage and clean up the sine wave of the AC power coming into the home (power conditioner). If you're a hi-fi rube that has to have everything just perfect then this is another aspect of trying to make every signal clean, even the power supplying the home theater devices. It's really not needed for the everyday casual TV/movie viewer.

Wow, that's a new one to me. They try to get you to buy all kinds of junk. I love how stuff doesn't even come with the cabeling anymore and they want $50 for "Monster Cable". IMO, good call not going with hit.

BTW- I sold vacuum cleaners for about a day in Missouri. Shoulda seen the demo the pro had on those. Instead of selling them, I almost bought one myself. Then I remembered, I was there because I didn't have a job and therefore had no cash. Some of these demos make you want to buy something, but 9 times out of 10 they are a waste of money. I have a set of Ginsu knives if anyones interested. I will even show you how to slice and dice a pop can

Hahaha... I attended a seminar on how to sell those knives door-to-door, I walked out after 30 minutes because I knew I would be ripping people off out of hard earned money.

Lat time I saw these knives for sale they were $ 1.50 ?? How can you have a commission on $ 1.50 ?

And most of all how can you make a set of knives for $ 1.50 ???

And most of all how can you make a set of knives for $ 1.50 ???

Especially with steel prices so high! How can china drive up the price of steel, then sell a knife back to me that'll help recycle my pop cans at 1/20 my cost? Obviously I missed something in my economics class! grin