• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What would you do?

Been hitting the same spot for the last couple of days with good success, but today I got up early and nothing and I do mean nothing can the wind / weather change move them that far off where you were just hitting them. The area is large so I back troll back and fourth. Today with nothing biting I was trying all kinds of depths using Night crawler and leeches; I even switched to a rapala to get a bit. Guess what would you do is what I am looking for here!! Thanks

The fish may be feeling the pressure of you going over the top of them for 2 days or more. You indicated the area you're fishing is "large", so keep looking around the general area. I'm sure they haven't vanished.

What did the graph say.Were there any fish there? wind may have moved them. Like Otter said , check around the general area , a few different presentations,mabe they wanted a faster bait,bigger or smaller bait.I'm sure they werent far away but thats 1/2 the fun of it ( finding them)..

If the bait moves, so do the fish. Weather also might move them or turn them off. Yesterday I went to a spot where we had whacked 'em on Saturday, and I couldn't graph a fish within 200 yards of that spot. I gave up wondering where they went and started checking other spots.

If you were graphing fish on the days you were catching them, and now can't graph fish on this spot or get any bites, ya got no choice but to find a new spot.

Like any other predator fish go where their food goes! If they are not where they were they have gone somewhere else. Just motor around and you will find them eventually! Good Luck!

If there was a good west wind the day before I would start looking just to the west of where you were finding them the day before. If it was from the east head east, etc.

But they might have also shut down for a day to becuase of major changes/storms. Could also be they are on to you. Try fishing similar structure on other parts of the lake if you just can't buy a bite any where near your current spot. Always more then one group of walleye in the lake. Might be time to go find the another group to pick on.