• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The best swivel

tmvikings

What do you like better- regular barrel swivels or the ball bearing swivel? I wanted to get the line twist out when using the long Snell for walleye. It seems the ball bearing swivel is even worse…..what’s the best way to reduce line twist ???

I've always used Sampo ball bearing swivels,Cabela's swivels are good too, sure they are expensive usually $2.00+ each, so obviously a pack will run $12 or so for 10. But, they are going to help the most. Tie a good knot, keep the tag end short or leave it a little long & run it back through the eyelet pointing towards the end of the line. Also a person has to watch any rig or lure you put on the end & see what it's doing while being pulled, I've found that even a couple of split shots can be the culprit & definitely when using spinners or spoons. L2f