• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to bring home (besides Fish)

Every once in awhile I hear rumors about things you should get in Canada that you can't get in the States. For example I think you can buy Tylenol with Codeine without a prescription in Canada, also some allergy drugs.

Anyone have the scoope on what you should look for and if it's okay to bring it back into the States?

I know Cuban Cigars are not allowed, but it's nice to smoke them up there.

Tylenol with codene or asprin with codene can be purchased over the counter but you have to ask the pharmist for it. Malkins Jam-in the can- if you can find it. And Maple Syrup if you can afford it.

Kraft Dinner is just what Canadians call Macaroni and Cheese, but it's different here, the cheese.

Canadian coffee is stronger, that's why most Canadians add tons of cream and sugar.

Malkins Jam, good stuff.

Huh... I heard Malkins went out of business a while ago. Is that untrue? I love their stuff- their strawberry jam is dynamite!

We were told they went out of business and then came back - more expensive of course.

Hemlock,

Where is the best spot in Fort Frances to get last minute groceries? Like the potatoes, lunch meet, frozen pizzas, eggs, butter. The things that don't travel in the car for 12 hrs very well? last year we went to the Wal-Mart and were disappointed, We found a nice grocery store right in town but I can't remember the name or where it was, they had a Starbucks inside?