Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishin58

Tim Russert

15 posts in this topic

Tim died at the early age of 58 of heart failure while at work, Tim was a pretty straight shooter, he will be sorely missed for his great coverage.

I always kinda liked him on meet the press, he was good at asking the tough questions. I wonder who will host it now?

I'm gonna miss the marker board on election night as he figured out the electoral votes and who needs what states to win.

He was one of the best in an industry no longer known for "best." It will be hard to replace him with someone as good. My condolences to his family.

i liked his background. blue collar working class catholic family. sounds like my upbringing and i think it grounded him

I looked forward to Meet the Press each weekend....I like his style...tough straight shooter. He will be missed and can not be replaced.

From the MSNBC story:

[ "...the job of the host is to learn as much as you can about your guest’s positions and take the other side,” he said in a 2007 interview with Time magazine. “And to do that in a persistent and civil way. And that’s what I try to do every Sunday.” ]

"A persistent and civil way".

Civil discourse. A disappearing concept, further weakened with Mr. Russert's passing.

What a loss. He new his stuff, and he wasn't afraid to go after either party.

This guy's sleuthlike abilities to dig up dirt, and then to anticipate what a politicians answers would be, only to return with a broadsided question back to the candidate, is what made him so great. He knew how to make people make fools of themselves, but most importantly, he asked

specific, meaningful questions. Our democracy is a lot better because of him . . . .

I don't know who will replace him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brokaw filled in for a little while. Wouldn;t be surprised to see Andrea Mitchell be given the chance.

They had ABC news on in the bait shop tonight. They, a compeditor, did a very good job of reporting it and giving him the respect he deserved and should have gotten.

Thoughts and prayers with his family. He had school aged kids, very sad.

That was really sad to hear. Just seemed like one of the guys, loved sports, had a family, and could talk to anyone, asking the tough questions.

I'm not a big news fan but I always thought Russert was one of the top in the field and just a good guy.

I am no news/recent-events junkie, but I made it a point to watch Meet the Press because he was so unlike the mainstream news in how the facts would be presented to the viewer. Sucks.

I would say it is a great loss!

I remember when he first started in 91' and it seems like yesterday.

I would hate to die at work, but he loved it so much, I could not find a better situation for him to die in.

If you got to go, what better than to go doing what you love and he loved what he was doing.

I did not watch this Sunday, because I was having brunch with my Father who is the same age as Tim Russert. We talked about this though.