Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
hhguide

Old Timer sayings

Lets hear them I know you see the old timers out on the lake fishing out of a little boat. No one pays attention to them but there stroking the fish. My grandpa always you use to say if the lilacs are blooming the fish are biting. or if the lady slippers have popped the crappies are hot. anyone else have any sayings?

You can't catch fish with your bait out of the water.

Get out of the minnows!

Hand me a beer.

Don't eat all the chips.

The time to go lake trout fishing is when the popple leaves are as big as beavers ears.

If the wind is from the west, the fish bite best.

If the wind is from the east, the fish bite least.

If the fish is from the north, fisherman go forth.

Nobody ever said with happens with the wind is from the south. laugh

my grandpa always used to say "if you can see the bass, he can see you"

he'd also say "straight worms" when you headed out on the water, instead of "tight lines"

Thas because they are all in the bar

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't buffalo Bill.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

You being on vacation is like 2 good workers showing up for work.

My Gramps had a few good ones:

"I don't need luck, I just need to get there."

"where ya fishin at?"......."You can't get there from here!"

You gotta bail hay when the sun shines.

Your nickle shoot.

Grass don't grow on a busy street.

If the salesman's lips are moving, he is lying.

You'll only get caught if you are doing what your not suppose to be doing.

It is only worth that if you can find someone to pay that.

My grandfathers's favorite, Son of a biscuit eater and good lord willing and the creek don't rise.

"If you don't want anyone to know about it, don't do it"

or "Three can keep a secret, if Two are Dead"

My Gramps useta always say," The older the bull, the stiffer the horn". He seemed to use that one alot. grin Phred52

I donno if i really invented this one but i always say wind from the south my baits in the fishes mouth!