Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonny_redhorse

Overcast Days (pics)

4 posts in this topic

I was just going over some of my photos from last weeks trip and was looking at some of the images that had pending rains approaching....sometimes even the gloomy ,gray days can offer some "decent" lighting ,color and acceptable photos...wish every day was blue skies against a green background but this is Minnesota grin

the rains were moving in one evening....

Frame_P1030024-5copy.jpg

same image with a different "twist" to it....not sure which is really "better".... grin

canoesunset2008.jpg

Very nice image, I prefer #2 jonny.

Excellent! I like them both. #1 would make a great postcard.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Drum roll please................. The clear cut winner was the sinking radish seed by a 4-1 margin over the floaters. I even gave the floaters an extra day to pop up but they didn’t. I know come planting time I am going to check my radish seed this way. I also hear this works for tomato seed so that may be my next experiment but not till I am ready to start growing my tomatoes. Peppers come to mind as another seed to try out.   Now the radish I have seeded will not go to waste I saw a program where a guy plants radish and lets it grow to about three inches then cuts the top two and half inches off. He sells the tops to restaurants who use it on plates and also in sandwiches. You are suppose to be able to eat the tops at this stage and it tastes like radish... Kind of like eating sprouts but only eating the top of the new growth not the bottom...
    • Yep, I have noticed that too. That is a good thing to have in your back pocket in playoffs and you get caught in your zone for an icing or who knows what reason where you cannot switch lines OR just to have flexibility with matchups line vs line, but faceoff on one side vs the other.
    • Meh, his exacts words were " I tried to set myself on fire."   Setting yourself a blaze is fairly simple and effective if you want to be on fire.   I'll put him in the bat poop crazy, drama queen Zoloft category along with a former girlfriend.   You know, the one that chokes down a handful of Bayer and chases it with a fifth of vodka then proceeds to call 911 right after. Then everyone has to listen why, all the while there was no real danger.   
    • To be honest, I think of the cross as representing a burial site of a fallen soldier.  I don't necessarily even think religion when I look at the thing. In my opinion it is not even a religious symbol in that context. But that's just me.
    • The reversible plank is what they were carrying when I picked it up.  I've just been calling it carsiding because it's what most people are more familiar with.    I have that all stained and polyurethaned on the smooth side.  To me the bead side looks kind of dated.
    • Something else to keep in mind. When I was bow hunting I learned judging distance is not as easy as one might think. The bow I used was not super fast so judging a deer to be at 30 yards when it was really 40 yards would mean missing.    In my experience, we over-estimate distance sometimes by quite a lot on open areas such as open fields or on a lake. On an open area one doesn't have anything to provide a size reference so we tend to think objects are closer than they really are. Sometimes we can be off by quite a bit.   It works just the opposite in the forest where we have lots of references for size. Most of the time when a guy says he shot his deer from 50 yards it is probably a good bet that it was not quite that far. Personally, I don't like to get too close to anyone else. When on open water I rarely fish where others are. This can sometimes work against me as there is probably a reason for them being there. When ice fishing I try to stay 50 yards or more away from others. At the very least, I don't want to be close enough that our lines could become crossed when handling fish. 
    • Exactly.     We don't need to compete with Christians and their War on Xmas for the King Crybaby award.
    • Unfortunately he is still in the gene pool. He suffered non-life threatening 3rd degree burns to his back. 
    • Like politics, fishing spots, antler size and Vexilar being better than Marcum?   Just the way I like it.
    • This. I am an atheist but I don't understand why these atheist groups feel the need to blow-up petty things like this. I think it brings more of a bad name to atheists more than it does anything else. 
  • Our Sponsors