• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bridge to Nowhere...

This imprssive span of steel the connects the east and west banks of the Red River north of Selkirk, Mb. I is more commonly referred to by the locals as the "Bridge to Nowhere". Reason being, at the time it was constructed, a then politicain of the day "owned" the property on where the bridge was built....how convenient!

Anyway the way in which it appeared to me this morning looked good enough to attempt a photo...

259_5984-1.jpg

I've wondered about that bridge! Seems like this massive structure that goes....

... straight to my place, Dan whistle . Howard Pawley did ME a favor, eh Stu wink??? You could've got some great shots of those storm cells from up there last night, as well (at least until the boomers hit eek!!!). You could've got the Stone Church, the river, and the cell you shot in the same frame (I know... I almost hit the guardrail looking at exactly that on my way home cool).

Actually, it carries a lot of traffic, both commercial and domestic... connects the highways on the west side of the Red with Hwy 59 and lets you avoid going into Selkirk or over the Lockport bridge (the only other options out there).