Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jhol

transducer???

9 posts in this topic

Anyone ever break the trandsucer of their boat in rough water??? I did yesterday on Mille Lacs and it wasn't even that rough. Am I the only one this has happened to?

You had to have hit something, or the plastic is old and brittle. I was in 5ft whitecaps on Superior and mine is still in great shape.

I agree with davesfriend, you must have hit something. Or, that was some really rough water grin

I had mine break on me once for no reason. A floating log or something could have taken it out. But dont think I hit anything since I was going real slow on a shallow lake on a calm day that I had never been on. I epoxied mine back together and it held for a few trips before my boat was totalled.

I agree with everyone I think something must have been floating in the water. When we got to the spot my depthfinder did not work my brother looked there was nothing but a wire tail and a bracket. Really odd I thought.

I broke off a transducer one time on what looked like a whippy little willow branch floating in the water, it wasn't very big at all and I was right on top of it before I ever saw it.

This doesn't count but I took one out when I launched the boat too shallow and it sheared off on the concrete ties on the landing. It took me awhile to figure out why I wasn't getting a signal when I got out on the water. The worst part is that there were witnesses. blush

Defective casting maybe, I've never broken a Transducer, lots of props and skegs but no transducer. blush

I always keep mine loose enough to flip up, Lowrance and Eagle. grin

It is a three year old hummingbird. I cant believe that the casting was old maybe defective. Either way this week I will have to make a trip and get a new transducer.