• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Berkley Bionic rod?

newpike

I've seen these rods at Walmart but cannot seem to find out much about them online. Does anyone have the scoop on what blanks they have, quality, luck with them etc. Berkley is part of Purefishing I think, and that includes a bunch of companies. Are they the same as lets say a Fenwick GT?. Thanks.

I've been using the Bionix since it hit the market. I wish I could still get the ones with the bare rod spot in the cork area. these rods where super sensitive for the money.

Joe Rasset from Maple lake is now a national rep and it's hard to track him down.

I just bought one this spring because of the price and so far I'm very pleased with it. As far as I know, there's no warranty with them so if you're hard on equipment, they might not be for you. Limit Creek rods I think have a 2 year warranty for only a few bucks more, just a thought.

They are about $45.00-$49.00 at Walmart and made with IM7 construction with more guides than the lightning rod. Both the medium and MH action have plenty of backbone. This model is a Walmart exclusive so you won't find it at any other store.

Fishermans Factory Outlet has a few spinning rods and one casting rod on their site. They are just under 30 bucks which is cheaper than Wal Mart. It's neat to look around FFO's site because there are some good deals to be found there. It's worth a look.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

They are about $45.00-$49.00 at Walmart and made with IM7 construction with more guides than the lightning rod. Both the medium and MH action have plenty of backbone. This model is a Walmart exclusive so you won't find it at any other store.
I saw today at Fleet Farm they had the lightning rod for $35. I suppose, on the bionic the extra guides may give it more back bone. The rod realy felt good in my hand almost picked it up. Thought I'd check out the bionic first to see the differance between the two

Speaking of FFO---I have picked up two 7' MH Lightning Rods (casting) for under fifteen bucks there in the past two years. Rods were brand new just the old labeling on them. Great sticks for bass and the price is right on the $$$. If you have never stoppped by their outlet store (Spirit Lake,Ia)or checked out their HSOforum you are missing out on some great deals on fishing equipment and lures (Powerbait,Gulp etc....)