• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Partyonpine.

The launch at Ellison Lake has always been private. The owner of Sand Point supper Club Herb Rummler owned it. He let people use it as a public launch because some of them would eat at his restaurant or drink at his bar. When died a few years ago the family sold the property and it became condo's/cabins. The restaurant is gone and the launch was gated off. Its the only access for the lake so I don't know if people with homes on the lake can use it or not. I haven't fished it since the change because of no launch. I had been fishing it several times a year since fall of 1970 when we bought a cabin on the Eau Claire Chain. It was a great bass northern lake.

The restaurant was good also . Ahh memories

Mwal

Use to be one of my favorite lakes to fish when I was a kid. I have permission from a friend who has a cabin on it to launch my boat in his yard. Just haven't done it lately. Lakes water level is so low from what it was 15 yrs ago that its just a puddle now.

I use to like to fish Muck and Sand also, same deal.

I also used to fish Muck and Loon Lake. All those lakes require run off which just hasn't happened latley. In th 20's those lakes were drier and allowed the jack pines to grow to 6 inch diameter then flodded them out. I think its a cycle. Hjalmer Skoglund from Skoglands bar said they drove accross Ellison back then it was so low.

Mwal

The Loon lake landing is very soft sand and tough to launch out of plus the boat landing bay is separated by a sandbar from the lake due to low water. Are you talking straight north of Loon on the paper Co land? Muck lake? Was a great bass lake in the 80's

Mwal