Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Lee

Flooding...

12 posts in this topic

I spoke with my folks back in Austin, and they said the rivers there have begun to floor pretty good and they have blocked I-90. I have also heard that Rochester has been getting pretty heavy rain fall too. Is there any word on the water levels around Spring Valley? Chatfield? Preston? Lanesboro?

I ask because I have been psyched to go trout fishing once I get home and it would be nice to not see the rivers get trashed again because of flood damage. ANy info and updates will be appreciated.

There has definitely been some flooding across many parts of SE MN. It seems to be worse south of I-90 and in Fillmore and Houston counties in particular.

I would think you might have a hard time finding fishable streams this week. Barring any major new rainfall, things should be ok in a few days particularly north of I-90 and on smaller spring creeks.

[Note from admin: Edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

How has rain fall been around the cities? Has the whole state been getting hit hard, or just certain areas?

We've had a few storms roll through in the last few days and the whole state has gotten some rain. Each storm has been a little different in where the heaviest rain fell, but I believe overall the rain has been heaviest to the south. See http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rfcshare/precip_analysis_new.php and select "Last 7 Days".

Maybe WxDaddy will weigh in with some professional input on this.

leaving sunday to spend a week fishing trout run creek in troy, whitewater sp, and other creeks and streams in that area. how bad is the flooding and are these fishable? thanks for your help.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.] No unauthorized links, please.

Hows trout fishing been since the water levels started to go down? Was there any major impact on the streams?

I've been to 2 streams since the latest flooding and although both streams had been out of their banks the adult fish seemed to come through it fine. I have a feeling that we lost most of another years hatch though. That would be about 4 of the last 5 years that has happened.

I fished Pine creek and the South Branch of the root.