• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flooding...

The_Lee

I spoke with my folks back in Austin, and they said the rivers there have begun to floor pretty good and they have blocked I-90. I have also heard that Rochester has been getting pretty heavy rain fall too. Is there any word on the water levels around Spring Valley? Chatfield? Preston? Lanesboro?

I ask because I have been psyched to go trout fishing once I get home and it would be nice to not see the rivers get trashed again because of flood damage. ANy info and updates will be appreciated.

There has definitely been some flooding across many parts of SE MN. It seems to be worse south of I-90 and in Fillmore and Houston counties in particular.

I would think you might have a hard time finding fishable streams this week. Barring any major new rainfall, things should be ok in a few days particularly north of I-90 and on smaller spring creeks.

[Note from admin: Edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

We've had a few storms roll through in the last few days and the whole state has gotten some rain. Each storm has been a little different in where the heaviest rain fell, but I believe overall the rain has been heaviest to the south. See http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rfcshare/precip_analysis_new.php and select "Last 7 Days".

Maybe WxDaddy will weigh in with some professional input on this.

I've been to 2 streams since the latest flooding and although both streams had been out of their banks the adult fish seemed to come through it fine. I have a feeling that we lost most of another years hatch though. That would be about 4 of the last 5 years that has happened.