Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

A little Fodder For Thought

51 posts in this topic

This is too true to be funny.

The next time you hear a politician use the

word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about

whether you want the 'politicians' spending

YOUR

tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,

but one advertising agency did a good job of

putting that figure into some perspective in

one of its releases.

A.

A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B.

A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C.

A billion hours ago our ancestors were

living in the Stone Age.

D.

A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E.

A billion dollars ago was only

8 hours and 20 minutes,

at the rate our government

is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New Orleans It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division

Louisiana Senator,

Mary Landrieu (D),

is presently asking the Congress for

$250 BILLION

to rebuild New Orleans. Interesting number,

what does it mean?

A.

Well, if you are one of

484,674 residents of

New Orleans

(every man, woman, child),

you each get $516,528.

B.

Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in

New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C.

Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets

$2,066,012.

Washington, D. C

HELLO!

Are all your calculators broken??

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL License Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Perm it Tax

Gasoline Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),

Liquor Tax,

Luxury Tax,

Marriage License Tax,

Medicare Tax,

Property Tax,

Real Estate Tax,

Service charge taxes,

Social Security Tax,

Road Usage Tax (Truckers),

Sales Taxes,

Recreational Vehicle Tax,

School Tax,

State Income Tax,

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),

Telephone Federal Excise Tax,

Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax,

Telephone Federal, State and Loc al Su rcharge Tax,

Telephone Minimum Usage

Surcharge Tax,

Telephone Recurring and

Non-recurring Charges Tax,

Telephone State and Local Tax,

Telephone Usage Charge Tax,

Utility Tax,

Vehicle Lic ense Registration Tax,

Vehicle Sales Tax,

Watercraft Registration Tax,

Well Permit Tax,

Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,

and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?

Can you spell 'politicians!?'

And I still have to

'press 1'

for English.

I hope this goes around the

USA

at least 100 times

What the heck happened?????

A Email I received!!!!!

what those who think that soaking the rich is a great idea forget is the rich didnt become rich by being stupid and just handing their money over to the government. what they do is in some way pass the increase cost onto us. or hide their money.

I used to roll my eyes,still do, whenever the press reported things like, "politician X is giving(fill in the blank)." they aint giving anybody %$#@. they wouldnt have anything to give if we didnt pay taxes

Can't remember the name of the song but the lyrics say it best "Tax the rich, feed the poor, till there are no rich no more"

Take some truth in that.

Which also begs the question:

Why don't the younger generations rebel against the current administrations anymore? It's no wonder this country is all screwed up, we have become too complacent. Where are the Guthrie’s and Dylan’s?

Thanks Kidd. The lyrics sounded similar to Eat the Rich...or so I thought.

The establishment has gotten way out of control with its power creating corporate welfare. Ya, they got got there hands sticking out farther than the person who may need a hand.

The Man has new ways of stiefeling the Guthrie's and Dylan's .Now all they have to say is your unpatriotic if you buck the establishment, or you create a disturbance one can be detained under the patriot act with no reasons given. Fascism is on the way in, watch out.

The establishment has gotten way out of control with its power creating corporate welfare. Ya, they got got there hands sticking out farther than the person who may need a hand.

The Man has new ways of stiefeling the Guthrie's and Dylan's .Now all they have to say is your unpatriotic if you buck the establishment, or you create a disturbance one can be detained under the patriot act with no reasons given. Fascism is on the way in, watch out.

Fascism may already be here.

This video is almost 5min long so bear with it..

It is titled "Bush is not a Republican, he's a FASCIST". I believe this act of fascism is not limited to bush and cross's party lines.

Originally Posted By: croixflats

It is titled "Bush is not a Republican, he's a FASCIST". I believe this act of fascism is not limited to bush and cross's party lines.

">

Originally Posted By: BID2

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Ten Years after - I'd love to change the world

I'm showing my age here

Kidd, you are correct. Good song and good band!

LEP7mm, I thought you where talking about "Eat The Rich" by Motor Head. I think they say this in that song also grin

I'm showing my age here

That's the one. So you are no Kidd!!!! cool

Quote:
That's the one. So you are no Kidd!!!! cool

I am at the half century mark and some folks still call me "young fella" smile I guess it all matters on your perspective.

Quote:

But yes that is a great tune!!

">

Quote:
I'm a democrat but Ron Paul had made a lot of good points regaurding the governments over involvement in society today ,during his run for office. Slowly we are losing our basic freedoms in order to so called protect us from outside scourses and ourselves

I spent some time on Ron Paul's site and really, really liked what he had to say. Govt has just got waaaay to big. And we are not longer really the land of the free.

Can't remember the name of the song but the lyrics say it best "Tax the rich, feed the poor, till there are no rich no more"

Take some truth in that.

I've always thought those lyrics revealed a lot...why aren't the words "Tax the rich, feed the poor, 'til there are no hungry poor"?

Obviously, the ultimate goal has nothing to do with feeding the poor...feeding the poor is just the excuse.

And how then do you propose to feed the poor when you succeed in eliminating the rich?

Yeah, croixflats and upnorth...Ron Paul is my man. Still have the Ron Paul for President bumper sticker on my truck. It'll stay there until the election. Not sure if I want to put a Barr sticker on...still not entirely sold on him...though he certainly is a better choice than the other two.

I'm a little disappointed...sounds like RP is going to officially end his campaign tonight. He does have some other good things going on, though. It'll be interesting to see what he says tonight.

This one has been around and was mentioned on this forum a while back. The email conveniently leaves out the fact that the other senator from Louisiana, David Vitter, who is a Republican, jointly introduced the bill with Senator Landrieu. It also missrepresents the facts of the bill in that the $250 billion was for Louisiana and the Gulf Coast area impacted by the hurricanes in 2005, not just New Orleans.

[Please Read Forum Policy before posting again. Thanks]

http://landrieu.senate.gov/~landrieu/releases/05/2005922648.html

croixflats, Look at definition on facist and get back to us.
what is your point

When I spoke of fascism those examples fall right in line. As far as corperate welfare that was differant subject, hence the space between paragraphs

Here is another example of facsism, the ''National Idea'' this adminastration is trying to force down our throats.

i think you missed the point. smirk

No, I got the point.

Anyway getting arrested gave more exposure than just showing up with the shirts ever would have.