Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Faner50

Just can't afford Gasoline

109 posts in this topic

I live in Mpls burbs. I've usually fished the big lake 3-5 times by this date. Not this year. Selling my rig and down grading to 16' w/70 hp engine. It's just getting too spendy.

GLTA

Faner

Wow! Looks like your fishing already and you haven't even left your house.

Good Luck with that.

mr

Wow! Looks like your fishing already and you haven't even left your house.

Good Luck with that.

mr

i agree

that last part of faner's post should be removed, its not in the outdoor discusion forum so politics does not need to be discussed.

Bearbait87 its called freedom of speech, relax.... He's right!!

freedom of speech is awesome. but just because you can say it doesn't mean it is allowed here. the outdoor discusion forum is were to discuss politics,

anyways i honestly haven't really noticed any dents in my wallet from the cost of gas. i own a one ton crew cab long box pick up and my tranny went out when diesel was around 3.90 a gallon. it cost me $115 to fill er' up then. since my tranny problems i have been borowing a toyota 4 runner from my grandparents and it gets about 21 mpg and i can go almost all week on 15 gallons and to fill it up is only 50-60 bucks. way better than $130-140 for the truck.

so I take it your one of the republicans.

so I take it your one of the republicans.

2 in the slot for faner!

I can't help but laugh at you for blaming the republicans for high gas prices. By the way, who was it that over rode the governer for higher gas tax?

it is just easier to pass blame i guess.

it aint one partys fault for anything right now, and remember when blaming republicans that democrates rule the house right now.

Republicans Democrats all the same Obama won't fix it either...if it doesnt effect them why will they care until election time....Anyway I am done lets talk fishing!!!

the outdoor discusion forum is were to discuss politics

Politics that relates to the outdoors? YES. Politics the way its being discussed lately? NO. We're just nice enough at FM to allow a little venting around this time of year crazy

No offense but you could afford G-Loomis rods but not gas?? It's kinda like driving by the Albertville mall and see it packed on the weekend.

I havent been affected much as I have made some changes. Slowed down to 60mph on the freeway going to work in the morning. It takes me a whopping 1.7 minutes longer now! wink

Also, all errands are ran on the way to or from work.

I actually spend less in gas now than I did last year. If your schedule allows simple changes like these its pretty easy to get around this.

I drive a truck. One day I sat down and calculated how much it costs to do things on the way home versus going home then later in the day running a specific errand. Half of the time I was spending more in gas(when making a trip specifically for an item) than I was on the item. Easy fix.

republicans

If it was'nt for the Republicans, you would'nt have a boat.

Originally Posted By: Faner50
republicans

If it was'nt for the friggen Republicans, you would'nt have a boat.

i dont know, bill. both candidates this year believe in windfall profits taxes and price controls on gas and oil. both are sure to raise prices and tighten supply even further

If it was'nt for the Republicans, you would'nt have a boat.

Ok, im not political at all but I would be VERY interested if you could explain why an individual would not have a boat if it wasnt for republicans.

Is there some new list that was generate that contains names of individuals that are allowed to own boats?

Is there some new list that was generate that contains names of individuals that are allowed to own boats?

you mean you are not aware of, "the list?"

Just curious as why someone would make such an obsurd statement. Just one more reason why I think individuals that get so worked up over political things are amusing.

TJ only registered boat owners get the list.The elite

They must have misplaced my registraion information in the system then.

Well, I've voted both Democrat and Republican. Don't know how I got on the list. My name must have been added in one of those terms I voted for the elephant.

Darn glad they didn't take my name off when I voted donkey later. I like my boat and want to keep it.

But fun and joking aside, I'm also shelling out less for gas than I did last year. We have consolidated our errand running around town, for example, and when I'm out trolling for lakers I have been trolling the kicker motor from spot to spot quite a bit more than running the big motor to get there faster. And while I'm fishing less and traveling to the family lake cabin less, that means more time to get some restoration projects done around the house and spend more time on the yard, etc.

I live in Mpls burbs. I've usually fished the big lake 3-5 times by this date. Not this year. Selling my rig and down grading to 16' w/70 hp engine. It's just getting too spendy.

GLTA

Faner

Work more.

Wasn't it just a few days ago the Democrats voted down drilling for more oil on the continental shelf and other places? Then after voting they sit back and blame the republicans for the price of gas.

Well, I've voted both Democrat and Republican. Don't know how I got on the list. My name must have been added in one of those terms I voted for the elephant.

Darn glad they didn't take my name off when I voted donkey later. I like my boat and want to keep it.

But fun and joking aside, I'm also shelling out less for gas than I did last year. We have consolidated our errand running around town, for example, and when I'm out trolling for lakers I have been trolling the kicker motor from spot to spot quite a bit more than running the big motor to get there faster. And while I'm fishing less and traveling to the family lake cabin less, that means more time to get some restoration projects done around the house and spend more time on the yard, etc.

when i voted elephant, i got on the list. the one and only time i voted donkey, 1996, i may have gotten off the list. wonder what my list status would be now for sitting out 2000 and 2004???

I do alot like you to save gas but be dammed if i will give up my fishing. i dont hunt, i dont ice fish. and the lake superior is full of delicious lakers for my taking.