• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chairs in blinds

I've tried one of those bag chairs from Fleet Farm which are really comfortable but take up way too much room for archery hunting, probably work ok for rifle. I just use an Ameristep (from Fleet) 3 leg stool that swivels and has adjustable legs. I know Double Bull makes a chair especially for blinds that I think runs about $30.

I'd recommend getting one that does not have the individual legs, as they tend to sink into softer ground. The problem that I've had with some of them (besides the individual legs) is that they are too short for me. A five gallon bucket with the swivel lid works surprisingly well.

ya double bull makes a blind chair. they work perfectly. nice and light weight, compact, and they are comfortable to sit on all day, and they are at a perfect height. i know cabela's sell them or you can order them from the primos HSOforum. since they now own double bull.

Gander sells a 3 legged chair similar to the DB for about $20. They are perfect. For a long sit, the back on these chairs are a must IMO.

We've built a number of raised blinds with walls and roofs. I aquired several freebee swivel office chairs with arm rests. we put down carpeting in the stands to muffle the noise of the chair movement and you can rest your rifle on the arm rests in front of you. It makes it comfortable enough to stay in the stands when others are getting up, wandering around, and kicking up the deer.

I backpack my ground blind in, while carrying a five gallon

pail with a swivel seat to sit on. I find it adequate for

both gun and bow. I don't shoot off it. I practice,and shoot

from the kneeling position.

The pail is nice cause it holds other items. It is virtually

silent when you SLOWLY scout the different shot zones you

have it set up on. It is also just the right height while

sitting in my blind. My eyes are just level with the fabric

I have zipped the window open to, and I am aligned likewise

when I SLOWLY shift down off the pail and get into my shooting

position. The only thing I miss not having, is a backrest.

I don't have carpeting yet... I have been known to tote along

a Buddy heater. (worth every effort BTW!!)

If you leave your blind (s) in the same spot on private land, nothing is more comfortable and silent in my opinion than a hard plastic lawn chair. Makes sitting all day during the rut much easier and comfortable. Just don't fall asleep!

It's exciting. I watched a nice buck in velvet leap across the road a half mile from one of my main spots this morning. Re: the comfortable chair, I need to adhere to the golden rule that has been the thorn in my side the past few years. Stay put during late October/early November. I have missed on on some good opportunities, jumping deer on the way to my blinds that I could have probably had a shot at if I just stayed put instead of going for lunch, etc.

Also, per the blind, bring an empty plastic bottle for, er, you know what. I have screwed up chances -- watched deer leap out of the brush or from behind trees I didn't know were there -- by unzipping the blind door with a LOUD ZIIIIIIIIIIIP and then watched them bound away. It only took me once, er, twice to learn this lesson.

Finally, one more lesson I've learned, don't overhunt before primetime. That is, if deer activity doesn't pick up to your liking until late October/first half of November, don't hunt too much until you're going to be encountering the deer/amount of deer you want. Otherwise, you're allowing the deer to get to know you and your stands/blinds and the biggie, my point, you get sick and tired of sitting for so long and are less apt to do so later into the season, when the going is good.