• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

...and now Blackburn yanked early...

Maximum12

well, if the Twins would have won, this wouldn't be talked about. The Twins pulled Perkins,(likely becasue Slowey had pitched a complete game the day before) and I'am with that. It didn't work out that night.

The Twins pulled Baker last night and won in a very simliar game, the bullpen held on.

Anybody who thinks pitching agst a vetrean, all-star, studded lineup the Tigers throw at you in late innnings is like pitching agst a NL team is wrong, look at how many holds and blown saves the NL had agst teams like the Tiger,Twins,WhiteSOx,REdSox,Rays and even the Royals.

When you get in the late innings agst the AL,, you better have the bullpen, and even then, you will get beat eventually by the superior hitting.

What does Perkins getting pulled early have anything to do with Slowey going 9 the game before? It's not like the bullpen needs the work.

Point is, Perkins was doing just fine and he only had 91 pitches.

He may have been pitching fine, but you give an experienced veteran hitter a 3rd or 4th look at a pitcher that usually doesn’t have anything new to throw at them, things can unravel quickly. Not that the bullpen did its job either, but I believe prior to that the pen hadn’t given up a run for awhile. Win some, lose some.

so true-- a 3rd or even a fourth look at a pitcher, and unless your a total stud, you can expect to be hit on by major league hitting. Guys just don't go out and throw heat,,(if a Major Hitter knows a fastball is coming,he will hit over the fence in 3 tries) you need to mix your pitches, and the more AB you get, the more your get your scope zeroed in. The modern bullpen is why guys like Pujols and others will never hit over .400 becasue of the bullpen and not seeing the same pitcher for 9 innings.

Ha! I think Gardy's a pretty good manager, & I think it shows in what he's managed to do with a young, flawed team this year (& in years past). Although you could certainly ding him for an underachieving team in 2007.

I would say this is his biggest flaw.

you gotta remember that Blackburn is tired and a rookie and guys like Reyes(thou he did blow the hold) and Nathan are not. I don't care who you are in a one run game going into the 9th,,, give me Nathan every time!!!!!! The guy is 189 outta 209 in save opportunities. I would have even put Nathan in the 8th yesterday with all the rest he has had.

I trust are bullpen come late innings much more than are SP other than maybe Baker when he's throwing heat.

Gardy should have Left him in he was doing so good only one run through 6 they shoud have left him in they should have left him in it's the Mariners they are terrible Gardy should have left him in.....

Oh wait they did leave Perk in this time.... OOOOOOPS Grand Salamie! mad

Ok I feel a little better now.... smile

For some reason, the Twins relievers coming in during an inning are not as effective as when they start and inning. More pressure and not enough room for error.

Maybe Perk should have beaned Ivanez like they do in Chicago, then he wouldn't have given up the Salami!