• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

...and now Blackburn yanked early...

Maximum12

My wife looked at me oddly when I started cursing, seeing Blackburn in the dugout to start the 7th inning. Gee, wonder why?

Has f-ing Gardenhire been watching the past week? Does he realize the bullpen is imploding? And he's getting a good start to potentially give them some rest?

I am so sick of the Tom Kelly theory of pitching. Leave the starter in if he's rolling. Quit with the rigorous application of the 100 pitch rule. I'm so p-ed off when shoddy management puts a game in jeopardy.

eventually you have to start trusting your bullpen. He has to let them pitch through the slump. It is frustrating, a couple of years ago once the pen came in it was game over and now it's scary when they come in.

a couple of years ago once the pen came in it was game over and now it's scary when they come in.

Couple years ago? Was just a few weeks ago. I think they will come around soon. Too many good arms in there to get too excited just yet. Was hopeing Boof would do well there. Hasn't happened outside of his first appearance, Rincon hasn't been worth a d@*n since he quit taking steroids. The rest are pretty solid. Crain has been real good lately.

I still think the team as a whole has gone WAY past my expectations for the year.

Max Im with u!! Havent had to much rest for the bull pen in a few weeks.When you get a pitcher on a roll leave him in!! It may have worked out ok, but thats not the problem. Our bull pen needs a good rest.

Yeah, but you aren't going to see twins pitchers pitching farther into games. For one we have an extreemly young starting staff and he doesn't want their pitch counts to exceed to big of numbers.

This is a growing year. Let guys like Slowey, Perkins, Gomez, Young, Blackburn grow into big league ball players!

Why are these young pitchers such big wimps? I mean did genetics deteriorate so much over 30 years they can't throw more than a hundred pitches? Give me Jim Kaat, Camilo Pascual, Dean Chance, Jim Perry, Mudcat Grant and Bert Blyleven any day over these pansies. What the heck happened? I don't understand and tired arm bologna. Looked at the innings pitched comparison at the same ages they smoked them. I don't understand. I am done now. That was my Clark Griswold for the day.

We make the same comments about Jim Leyland. Throwing a shutout doesn't matter. I disagree with pulling them early, but I also hope the managers know more about it than I do.

BTW, Our Tigers have caught Cleveland, and are two behind you guys. Playing pretty well.

Why are these young pitchers such big wimps? I mean did genetics deteriorate so much over 30 years they can't throw more than a hundred pitches? Give me Jim Kaat, Camilo Pascual, Dean Chance, Jim Perry, Mudcat Grant and Bert Blyleven any day over these pansies. What the heck happened? I don't understand and tired arm bologna. Looked at the innings pitched comparison at the same ages they smoked them. I don't understand. I am done now. That was my Clark Griswold for the day.

Its not that they are big wimps...that may be the case sometimes. Its the fact that franchises invest sooo much more money in arms these days that they want to treat them with as much care as they can. Its not like the twins are the only team that are inching these players along. I mean if you had a million dollar investment, wouldn't you want to make sure it was for the long term. Young pitchers are never that good as rookies either...they take a while to learn the major league game and all the major league hitters.

I'd rather have guys like Slowey, Blackburn, Perkins around in 4-5 years pitching then injured arms and what ifs...

I agree with Mike that the Twins yanked Perkins to early. It wasnt Gardy that made the moves though, it was Ullger. Gardy was thrown out earlier in the game for arguing the warning that was issued to both teams when Mauer was thrown at twice. In any case it cost them the ball game. Unless we get 8 out of our starters I fear that the bullpen could make a lot of games interesting.

Yeah I was not too happy when they pulled out Perkins... 4-1 lead, 1 out and a single, big deal and takes him out of the game, who cares, if they are getting runs against him and thats understandable, 91 pitches and maybe the next pitch would got himself a double play. This is frustrating!!!

I was more upset at that game than any other game this year. up 4-1 in the 7th runnerat first and one out... 91 pitches only, and you could tell he wasn't happy about being pulled.

I was at the game last night. Man, 4 pitchers in one inning really slows the pace of the game. I agree though, Perk got one out then gave up one hit and they yanked him. He had only given up 1 run with 7 K's.

On a side note, I was really disappointed with the first 2 AB's in the bot 6th. Gallaraga had 89 pitches to start the inning and then got 2 outs with 2 pitches. It seemed to shift the momentum of the game, IMO.

Was it Ullger's call to pull Perkin's? Obviously, we have the benefit of hindsight, but it seemed like a rush decision after Perkins gave up the single. Poor decision.

Have to admit, I dislike Scott Ullger after seeing some of his bone headed blunders last season, I thought he should have been canned...several cases where he ran the Twins out of potentially big innings. Doing alright this year, but then again he should be, it isn't rocket science.