• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KOTC get together-Offical thread.

harvey lee

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you be taking a nap!!!!! sleep

Got my one hour nap in. Sucks to get old. crazy

Just got home from the KOTC get together and had a great time once again. These get togethers are great and always have been. It's great to meet new folks and see others I've been out with before.

The river was a little scary in spots for someone new to it, but we managed to get the boat around fine. We didn't get any fish in the boat. Ace had a few bites that lost bullhead and my Dad had a nice hit but nothing. Still fun to get out and be on the water. Thanks again for the guys that put it on.

Eric and Tom, not sure what was going on in your boat. I know the PBR and gas wasn't a good combo!! sick Then I heard something about the daisy dukes coming out again and they left. Heheheheheh

Just got up as well grin

Thank to Harvey Lee for organizing this event and also everyone for showing up. It was nice to see and meet you all.

Too bad the fish didn't cooperate frown

I would have done a bit more socializing, but I had an out of town guest and we decided to maximize our time out on the water.

Also wanted to say thanks to Rod n Bobbs for donating a bunch chemical rod tips lights, hopefully everyone got a few.

Maybe we should think about scheduling this later into August next year.....

might be a good plan. Last night was my 6th day straight on the water, and was the worst fishing day by far. Only 2 small ones in my boat. Heading back out now to make up for last night.

Good luck Ed. I would agree as yesterday was the slowest day of cat fishing ever for me. We started at 10am and went until midnight almost without a fish. We couldn't even find a channel.

Still a fun day and enjoyed seeing everyone again.

aanderud

Put some sights on the potato gun and I'll bet I could smoke the monkey at 30 yards.

Even though we got down late, we still where able to run into pretty much everyone on the river. Funny how small the river is.

I think they are still spawning and right up against mud banks seemed to be the key last night. I even marked fished on the SI right up from the launch last night, but they where not feeding.

To change up things a bit, I think my next run down to the MN might be a early morning till mid afternoon or early evening.

I had fun, we got some fish, had some runs and lost a couple. It was finally a very nice night on the MN for this year in my boat grin.

Just got back from spanking the channels. I don't know why we couldn't get any last night. As for the upgrade, I did upgrade a channel. I have caught plenty of upgrade flats, but I am waiting for one worth turning in to do so. I think I still have a 30" flat as my small fish that is turned in.

I have caught plenty of upgrade flats, but I am waiting for one worth turning in to do so. I think I still have a 30" flat as my small fish that is turned in.

Just a reminder, there's no 5 point rule this year like there was last year. Enter as many fish as you want (assuming it's larger than your smallest one by at least 1/2 inch). You probably already knew this but I'm guessing at least one person reading this didn't remember the rule change, so it's good to re-tell anyway.

It was a great time. Wish the fishing was better but thats the way it goes sometimes. It was great meeting all of you and I'm looking forward to the next one. Hopefully we can have another later this summer,Dtro suggested maybe late August or early Sept.

While I failed in my duties to keep the monkey away, we had an AWESOME time. This was my first time targeting flatties. What a great time it was. Thanks to Harvey Lee for setting everything up and taking this rookie along for the ride.

I'm starting to understand this catfishing addiction.

Put a set of sights on the spud slinger and the monkeys a goner!!!!!

Some random thoughts for the night...

WWG, thanks for the lift, whereas I was fully prepared and outfitted for a night of shore fishing, being in a boat sure opens up the possibilities. was either you or the monkey that got me on my PB flat? Only the river knows.... Weenie little thing by the standard of some around here wink but something I'm proud of none the less. 25x15, skinny. after all, nowhere but up for me from here eh? laugh WWG has the pic on his camera and will forward it to me after he gets back from his trip. I'll post it when I get it.

~ maybe a little of the Flathead Mojo many of you fellas have has started to manifest in me?

it was awesome seeing you fellas again... also great to meet you guys I hadn't met yet.

Monkey, meet spud. spud will waste the monkey!

we boated two small flats, had two come unbuttoned mid-fight and WWG set the hook into something massive, and unfortunately landed only the sinker... and it moved far to much to be a rock wink hmmm.... the sort of thing that inspires me to do my darnedest to make it back to that spot... (must get hitch installed on the Outback, drag my boat down there!)

for the foreseeable future, I know I'm going to be working my fool hiney off, and not having much time to speak of for fishing, but I eagerly await the next time I have the honor of fishing with any of you! *deep bow*