• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KOTC get together-Offical thread.

harvey lee

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were at the april fool's day cat gathering down in Minneapolis on April 5th (fisher Dave put that one on). He was only 4 months old then, I consider that to be his first catfishing outing. Didn't catch anything, but he was too busy eating his bottle of milk smile

He did catch a few small crappies out ice fishing at 2 months old though! Well, he helped anyway smile

He did catch a few small crappies out ice fishing at 2 months old though! Well, he helped anyway smile

oh admit it, he was tellin you how to read that vex and making fun of your hooksets grin

I got some folks coming down that weekend for some fishing.. Perhaps I can talk them into heading over there for the gathering. Sounds like fun, sure hope I can make it.

I will be there around seven, since I have to work. won't have my boat, but will try to bring some neat door prizes and such. Hope the grills are still on, look forward to meeting a few more of you down there....

How about a roll call?

DTro (+ guest)

Harvey Lee

Wastewaterguru

Sandmannd +1

Aceinthehole

kingfisher

RBM

add Grant, maybe with a boat, all depends on if I get a hitch installed on the Outback before then.

All you need is a desent combo with some 50-80 pro-power fishing line some 4 oz no-roll sinkers and some 6/0 and bigger hooks. You can find a cheap combo at Fleet Farm. For sinker and hook go to Moores Bait. You should beable to get all set up for under 60 bucks but believe me you can spend a whole lot more.

I'm getting pumped and my Dad is really excited. I showed him some pices of the big cats you guys have been pulling. He said "Man, I bet you get some big steaks out of those." I had to tell him that we don't keep fish that big. One they don't taste that great at 30+ lbs but two, out of respect for the fish that age. I told him if we catch some nice 3 or 5 lb channels we'll fillet them up.

Updated list:

DTro (+ guest)

Harvey Lee

Wastewaterguru

Sandmannd +1

Aceinthehole

kingfisher

RBM

Grant

ec30_06 + Supersoaker

Boilerguy

Whisker Warrior +1

gooseby10ga +1

We will have a great time no matter what the number is. These get togethers are always a very fun time. See you all Saturday.

I think we have a few more that plan on coming.

PaPa Grump

Shackbash

Rattle +3

and maybe a special apperance by the monkey. Who's boat will he appear in????

Ther are a few others looking for a ride also. There should be some good shore spots too.